Turn on thread page Beta

Unusual things to do in Paris watch

ReputationRep:
    So, my boyfriend and I are going to Paris next weekend to celebrate being together for 3 years but I have been there around 20 times and want some new unusual things to do. So does anyone know of any places of the beaten track?

ReputationRep:
    Visit the Eifel Tower.

ReputationRep:
    Go round in the London Eye.

ReputationRep:
    I've only been to Paris 4 times, the last 3 with my bf and we've done quite touristy things every time.

I love going up Montparnasse tower and looking over the edge, especially if the sun is setting. The last 3 times we've done this I don't find it boring at all. It's actually kind of romantic, looking out to the distance with someone cuddling you from behind and looking too...

Generally just have a walk round, try to get lost and see where you end up. I like the Latin Quarter, and getting Haagen Dazs from somewhere is a must, but I'm sure you know that if you've been to Paris so many times before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sfitz1)
    So, my boyfriend and I are going to Paris next weekend to celebrate being together for 3 years but I have been there around 20 times and want some new unusual things to do. So does anyone know of any places of the beaten track?
    omg why do you keep going are you rich?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by modem)
    omg why do you keep going are you rich?
    Why wouldn't you go to Paris, its so pretty and so easy to get to! And has the biggest Sephora

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    I've only been to Paris 4 times, the last 3 with my bf and we've done quite touristy things every time.

I love going up Montparnasse tower and looking over the edge, especially if the sun is setting. The last 3 times we've done this I don't find it boring at all. It's actually kind of romantic, looking out to the distance with someone cuddling you from behind and looking too...

Generally just have a walk round, try to get lost and see where you end up. I like the Latin Quarter, and getting Haagen Dazs from somewhere is a must, but I'm sure you know that if you've been to Paris so many times before
    Suprisingly i've never been to the Latin Quarter so thanks for reminding of this

ReputationRep:
    What about the Shakespeare Bookshop next to the Seine? It's supposed to be really really good - a wonderful secondhand bookshop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sfitz1)
    Suprisingly i've never been to the Latin Quarter so thanks for reminding of this
    You're welcome as the poster above said, check out that second hand book shop, it's meant to be really good. I was planning on going there last time but ran out of time.

When I went the second time, I took a river cruise and there were loads of people doing mini performances along the sides, so maybe a walk down there too?

Also, if you've not tried Le Boeuf Sur le Toit or La Coupole, they're worth a go. Especially La Coupole! Yum! :drool:

ReputationRep:
    wow,sounds great!

ReputationRep:
    I've been a few times and usually stroll around the 18th. It's dead charming on a late spring evening, sitting at a bistrot terrace, tucking into a boeuf bourgignon with a glass of beaujolais.

ReputationRep:
    I normally find a walk around the sienie give you a pleasant but unusual view of Paris from the river.

ReputationRep:
    Where a garlic clove necklace?

Cliche but, unusual.

ReputationRep:
    I was reading that there's actually a vineyard in Montmarte - http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/200...rds-montmartre Might be nice to not only be drinking wine in Paris, but to be drinking Parisian wine in Paris

The Catacombs also sound worth a visit, although I've never been.

ReputationRep:
    Eat falafel on Rue des Rosiers (metro Saint-Paul). It's right in the Jewish quarter, there is a beautiful little cobbled street with about ten gorgeous falafel shops (prizes go to Chez Hanna and L'As du Falafel). It's like a little bit of Jerusalem - if you're a falafel fan, it's totally unbelievable. My overriding memory of Paris was the falafel. Lame? Nahhh.

ReputationRep:
    Check out the park at Cité Universitaire - with spring coming up they've re done all the flower beds and it looks GORGEOUS

ReputationRep:
    Definitely check out the catacombs OP, very interesting! Also, how about this? http://www.fnacspectacles.com/place-...OUR--HOW11.htm ?
    There is an amazing american diner which serve huge portions (as expected) for a very good price! i can send you the link for that if you want it. If you're in to history you could check out musee de la shoah as everything is also translated into english. Could check out parc des buttes chaumont in the 19th if the weather is nice. Also parc de la villette for the cite des sciences et industrie. Could see if you could go on a segway tour of paris (i don't know much about these i've just seen them happening) as that would be an interesting way to see paris! If you want to know anything about what i've said or anything else then please feel free to ask, I live here so i'll try my best sorry for lack of accents etc i'm tired lol.

ReputationRep:
    Go visit Rousseau in The Pantheon!

Then go visit Benjamin Constant at Père Lachaise Cemetery. That's what I would do anyway. I love that man. He's a political philosopher. :love:

I've never been to Paris though, no one loves me enough to take me. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_emmzy_x)
    Definitely check out the catacombs OP, very interesting! Also, how about this? http://www.fnacspectacles.com/place-...OUR--HOW11.htm ?
    There is an amazing american diner which serve huge portions (as expected) for a very good price! i can send you the link for that if you want it. If you're in to history you could check out musee de la shoah as everything is also translated into english. Could check out parc des buttes chaumont in the 19th if the weather is nice. Also parc de la villette for the cite des sciences et industrie. Could see if you could go on a segway tour of paris (i don't know much about these i've just seen them happening) as that would be an interesting way to see paris! If you want to know anything about what i've said or anything else then please feel free to ask, I live here so i'll try my best sorry for lack of accents etc i'm tired lol.

Why would you go to Paris and visit an American diner? That's like visiting California and eating escargot..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Why would you go to Paris and visit an American diner? That's like visiting California and eating escargot..
    Because she wants unusual things to do, and it's very good if the budget is quite low. I've found that french restaurants in my budget really aren't that great so it was just a suggestion for that reason.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.