Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Kissimmee watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The gf and I are thinking about going here for a holiday. Saw a good deal on thomas cook. Has anyone ever been? Is there much to do? Is the bus service etc good?

ReputationRep:
    Close to Disney, I felt it was very much living off the success of Disney.

Although it did amuse me that there's a hotel there called 'Gaylord Palms' in Kissimmee, but I was about 13 when I went...

ReputationRep:
    Kissimmee is definitely not the nicest area. You will prob be fine though and it's near all the great theme parks etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by racello)
    Kissimmee is definitely not the nicest area. You will prob be fine though and it's near all the great theme parks etc.
    Saw another hotel in sanford do you know there?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been there but from what I've heard it's not great, so if you had to choose between there and Kissimmee I'd recommend Kissimmee since it's a big tourist destination. Tbh everywhere has **** bits, even Orlando, so as long as you stay in a decent place and don't leave your door open all day and night everything will be sweet. I love Florida

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been there but from what I've heard it's not great, so if you had to choose between there and Kissimmee I'd recommend Kissimmee since it's a big tourist destination. Tbh everywhere has **** bits, even Orlando, so as long as you stay in a decent place and don't leave your door open all day and night everything will be sweet. I love Florida
    Thanks! How is getting around is there plenty of buses etc
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Spent bloody ages trying to find the damn apartment there lol but it was nice fairly close to everything, I dont know about buses but i'm sure there must be plenty! Having a car was really usefull though i will say!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Left Hand Drive)
    Thanks! How is getting around is there plenty of buses etc
    Transportation is good since it's a tourist spot, and a lot of people stay there to go to Disney and Universal etc about 30min away. Taxis useful as well - I used them when I wanted to go out places like the Florida Mall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellybean91)
    Spent bloody ages trying to find the damn apartment there lol but it was nice fairly close to everything, I dont know about buses but i'm sure there must be plenty! Having a car was really usefull though i will say!
    What age can you rent a car at.

ReputationRep:
    Transportation is good since it's a tourist spot, and a lot of people stay there to go to Disney and Universal etc about 30min away. Taxis useful as well - I used them when I wanted to go out places like the Florida Mall.
    Thanks you've been helpful I was kind of 50/50 on it but I think I'll go for it. ONe more thing is it an expensive place?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I don't know sorry I went with my mum so it wasn't an issue! I guess it will probably vary from company to company!

ReputationRep:
    21 to drink which is annoying

ReputationRep:
    21, costs a fortune if you're under 25 though.

ReputationRep:
    My parents (and am helping out a little) have bought a nice little property there. Kissimmee is a very sought after place, mainly because it is in close proximity to some of the main attractions. It's also very lovely. Depending on where abouts it's kinda close to Disney but you will need a car (or get bus transport) as with much of the United States generally. There's lots going on at Disney (e.g. Disney Quest which is a gaming place, the bars and clubs at Islands of Adventure, Universal Studios etc). Basically, Disney is where it's happening. There's other quality shopping malls in Kissimmee too, as well as markets. One of the good things about a Florida vacation is that you can relax, go to all the theme parks and attractions, restaurants, go to the shopping malls or a combination of these.

I've been to Orlando a fair few times now

If you're going for the parks and things, just go and stay on international drive; especially if you are not renting a car

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 25, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.