Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I need a cigarette. Now. i'm going crazy. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gm15)
    I'm guessing that's because its rare for a smoker to be stuck unable to buy or borrow even one fag for very long...so they don't experience the fading of the craving.
    (obviously i'm just guessing. As i've never smoked(apart from unavoidable passive smoking incidents). The only time i've physically touched a cigarette was litter picking.

Also part of the craving must me psychological...so if you get over that you are only left with the physical side which you can go cold turkey on if yhou have the will power
    Yes it is mostly psychological, in my case, I guess but the psychological urges are hard to get rid off. I don't experience physical cravings, or well I do but they're psychosomatic. I don't think I'll ever be able to quit smoking as I rely on them too much. If I quit smoking my whole personality would change. It'd definitely have a detrimental effect to my whole way of living.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nunugab)
    Yes it is mostly psychological, in my case, I guess but the psychological urges are hard to get rid off. I don't experience physical cravings, or well I do but they're psychosomatic. I don't think I'll ever be able to quit smoking as I rely on them too much. If I quit smoking my whole personality would change. It'd definitely have a detrimental effect to my whole way of living.
    Just like when anybody is dependent on anything/one else there is bound to be a counsellor, trainer, shrink who deals with it.

I doubt your entire personality is due toy ou smoking or feeling dependent on it. Surely getting over a psychologicla dependency would change your personality for the better?? And I'm guessing any positive aspects of your current personality are down to you not nicotine.

Detrimental effect on way of living: :confused: but if you'd broken the psychological depndency then sure the only change to your lifestyle would be that you no longer have to keep goign outside and sucking on toxic fumes all the time

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a Festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.