Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone here ever had a 'friend with benefits'?

I'm particularly busy right now and I don't have the time and energy for a proper relationship. So I'm just curious as to if anyone on TSR has ever made a 'friends with benefits' arrangement and how they went about it.

ReputationRep:
    ask a gyal you know to a hotel. done

i dont dig it though, it seems i get to attached to things/people.

ReputationRep:
    Sure have, I get to layeth the smackdown with no strings attached.

It's a beautiful world I live in.

ReputationRep:
    Have you watched "no strings attached"?

Someone always gets feelings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rock)
    Sure have, I get to layeth the smackdown with no strings attached.

It's a beautiful world I live in.
    How do you go about asking someone something like this?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if I'm into one right now, but me and the guy both like each other though. We just haven't talk to each other about this yet. I hope he some day he ask me to be his gf, or else I'd be heart broken again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kristinaalovesu)
    I don't know if I'm into one right now, but me and the guy both like each other though. We just haven't talk to each other about this yet. I hope he some day he ask me to be his gf, or else I'd be heart broken again.
    Judging by the way you look, he's DEFINITELY not in this for the sex. So don't worry, I'm sure he'll ask you out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalaghoda)
    Judging by the way you look, he's DEFINITELY not in this for the sex. So don't worry, I'm sure he'll ask you out
    :shock: Ooh. Why thank you. :love:
    YOu just made my night keeping my hopes up. :p:

ReputationRep:
    usually you just sleep with someone. admit your hearts not in it sort of thing and continue the physical relationship. always seems to end in a mess though. someone gets feelings/jealous etc

ReputationRep:
    i have a friend with benefits. they work in m&s, they get staff discount from m&s, i like to buy from m&s....so they get me discounted stuff from m&s.
    i benefit from having this friend.

i also have a friend who is on benefits....

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't trust myself to not get emotionally involved.

ReputationRep:
    I used to have a friend with benefits. till she got weird and stalky

ReputationRep:
    what exactly do you mean by friend with benefits, i read the replies and i dont get it ! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalaghoda)
    Am I the only one who read this as rather insulting? Perhaps I'm missing the point..?

ReputationRep:
    someone always seems to end up more emotionally attached than the other, not sure ive ever heard of it really 'working' evenly.

ReputationRep:
    kind of in one now, its been going on for 6 months now though and i don't think either of us are sleeping with anyone else? so its getting to that awkward stage where it either needs to end or get a bit more serious, its always difficult when you don't know how the other person actually feels about you, its worth it though, pretty much no effort requires

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I don't think friends with benefits works evenly. Usually someone ends up getting hurt. I was in a sort of friends with benefits situation in January, but things are beginning to progress. To be honest my intention was really never for it to stay as no strings attached and I shouldn't have gone into something that would be likely to mess my head up. I'm hoping it to go the way I want it to go though. Little by little....

ReputationRep:
    If you have someone in mind ask them if they want to meet up, which isnt suggesting you want to date them.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2011
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.