Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Best earphones/headphones for under £15? watch

ReputationRep:
    Easily creative ep630

ReputationRep:
    JVC marshmallows are great, they go from £10 to a bit more online, better value than in store.
    Otherwise, the Sennheiser CX 300s or 500s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lazylisa)
    JVC Gumy headphones! They're about £9.99 from HMV or can probably be bought online. I've had my pink ones for over 2 years now and they're still going strong with not a crackle in the sound really good sound quality too. x
    You can get them for £5 in Asda
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    :ahee: SKULLCANDAAAAAYYYY
    Please never ever recommend skullcandy again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catiexx)
    You can get them for £5 in Asda
    Even better!

ReputationRep:
    ep-630's
    Get them from Amazon - about £14

Very good earphones - only issue with them is that they can make some sort of thumping/bustling noises when you are running or walking and have the wire sort of dangling. However this is an issue with most in-earphones. They are still brilliant imo, very light, comfy and good sound.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure what the beef is with Skullcandy here. I got myself a pair of Ink'd earbuds and they're ****ing amazing, hands down. Great bass response, hearing so many frequencies which you don't get with regular earphones. Great purchase, and they're cheap as chips!

ReputationRep:
    JVC Marshmallows are brilliant for the price, much better than other headphones I've paid double/triple for (going off bass/overall sound quality and ambient noise filtering). They filter out ambient sound very well, the only thing I've ever heard when wearing them (other than music of course), is ambulance sirens.

The bass is great too, and they last well.

While I haven't tried every brand you really can not go wrong with them.

Also, Currys/PC World is a great place to buy them, you get a year warranty on everything and don't even need a receipt if you can remember when you bought them.

I've tried skullcandy in ear headphones which were almost double the price, the quality was no better. They were louder, but I'm not a fan of hearing aids anyway. They broke within a month because of the flimsy wiring, and I took very good care of them, so I can see why they get all the hate. Never buying them again

ReputationRep:
    ^ I bet you broke the end with the jack on, right? It's a common mistake made by Skullcandy noobs - you have to take real care of your headphones. I've had mine for over a year and they're perfect quality.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 15, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.