Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls: Being asked out by a stranger. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kristinaalovesu)
    Yes. I felt awkward and not safe. It's better to go out with someone you know, going out with a stranger is a risk. Who knows, a person could be good looking, decent or looks harmless but what if he's like Ted Bundy?
    It depends on the girl though, some girls are up to it and some are not.
    Squeal! All strangers are mass murderers! Let's all sit in our rooms and barricade our doors.

ReputationRep:
    It was my first week of school and this guy asked me and my twin if either of us would like to go out with him o.o

Maybe talk to her a bit before asking her out, good luck with whatever you choose to do though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roloqueen)
    The weird thing about asking out a stranger is that you're 100% doing it based on appearance. If you've never had a conversation with her, you have no idea what she's like, what she's interested in, whether you have anything in common etc. It makes you seem shallow. I'm not saying it definitely won't work, but I think you have to bear in mind that since she doesn't know you either, she's going to be judging you by the same criteria when she decides whether to say yes. So unless you're incredibly good-looking yourself and / or incredibly charming when you ask her, you're most likely to get rejected.
    Oh please everyone tries to iniate any kind of sexual relationship based on looks, its not shallow in the slightest its what people (men and women) do.

OP your treading very dangerous waters here, if it works then she likes your confidence if she doesnt your going to come off creepy. I would suggest saying Hi a couple of times - not in a coocky jock way but in a casual way, accompany it by a smile (not too much teeth) and be on your way. Give it time then ask her for a coffee, someplace open and with people around so she doesnt think your a mass murdering loon

ReputationRep:
    you gotta be super good looking to pull it off. or average and immediately charming.
    generally its a no-no. expect to hear the "i have a boyfriend" or "sorry, im meeting someone" line as she makes a quick getaway.

now if you have actual reason to strike up a conversation with her (same classes, or whatevs) then it will be less creepy. but some dude just waltzing up to some girl to hit on them, it's gonna be creepy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popple7)
    you gotta be super good looking to pull it off. or average and immediately charming.
    generally its a no-no. expect to hear the "i have a boyfriend" or "sorry, im meeting someone" line as she makes a quick getaway.

now if you have actual reason to strike up a conversation with her (same classes, or whatevs) then it will be less creepy. but some dude just waltzing up to some girl to hit on them, it's gonna be creepy.
    i was going to make my own response to the topic question...and would have asnwered the same.
    however since you have worded it better than i could have ever done myself, i've just decided to quote you, and claim this as my answer also ;D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlesworth)
    It was my first week of school and this guy asked me and my twin if either of us would like to go out with him o.o

Maybe talk to her a bit before asking her out, good luck with whatever you choose to do though
    Rookie error. Absolute rookie error.

He should have asked for a threesome.

what if you have seen the girl a couple of times ,but not actually spoken to her ..asking her out too much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayak dan)
    Hi... anyone want to go out with me??? you wont be disapointed...
    :mmm:

Danny... You didn't!

ReputationRep:
    Sad day when talking to people you don't know yet automatically makes you creepy. Le sigh.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    what if you have seen the girl a couple of times ,but not actually spoken to her ..asking her out too much?
    Then speak to her, its not hard to say hello.
    I met my partner of 7 years in Moorfields on a Thursday around 6pm.
    I seen her every day and me being me smiled and carried on, after about 3 weeks I was thinking about her on the train there, once I got to Moorfields I seen her walking to the platform and asked her if she would let me have her number, "why" she asked to which I replied.... "I see you everyday and everyday after seeing you i feel happy, I want to make you happy in return". 3 texts and we were out that weekend the rest is history.

Don't listen to most of the ridiculous posts on this thread as the experiences are either made up or the girl is so far up her own ass she couldn't see you in the first place.

To the people saying this doesn't work for average guys, it does you just have to be you and be confident, if its a no then why dwell or waste your time thinking about something that wasn't meant to be.

The girls saying an average guy doing it is creepy, your shallow and will end up with a fella who has no job, no future and uses the words "like", "yano" and "Errr" more than he uses his brain to make you smile.

You don't have to be friends already for someone to fall in love, if that was the case we would all be friend zoned.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 17, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.