Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

A level psychology - eating behaviour, schizophrenia, research methods watch

ReputationRep:
    So, I've been teaching myself my A-levels, and I've done something really stupid and basically left everything to these last couple of months. As a result, I need to learn everything I need to know before my exams.

Much of the stuff you learn in class isn't particularly helpful in an exam, so I'm just wondering if anyone has any resources for the topics mentioned above? I need to learn the course pronto!

Much thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Are you doing both PSYA3 and PSYA4 in summer then? I haven't made nay online resources yet sorry, when I do I can upload them if you want.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any textbooks? When I did my A Level, we had one textbook where everything in it was relevant.. it was easier that way because you just had to read it, make notes on it, answer questions on it, then it was fine But leaving everything to the last couple of months shouldn't be that bad as long as you put the work in now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mehhh.....hi.)
    Are you doing both PSYA3 and PSYA4 in summer then? I haven't made nay online resources yet sorry, when I do I can upload them if you want.
    Yep, doing both in the summer! Bit pants because I need to get at least mid-Bs in both exams to get a B overall, which I need for Uni. If and when you do make online resources, it would be amazing if you could upload them. Thanks.

EDIT: Actually I need low-Cs to get a B. and low-Bs to get an A, which is much nicer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    Do you have any textbooks? When I did my A Level, we had one textbook where everything in it was relevant.. it was easier that way because you just had to read it, make notes on it, answer questions on it, then it was fine But leaving everything to the last couple of months shouldn't be that bad as long as you put the work in now.
    Yeah, I have the AQA A A2 textbook. It's all in there, there's just a lot of it! It's all relevant to some extent, but it all needs super-condensing; at the moment I'm tempted to just use the summaries at the end of the chapters.

ReputationRep:
    Why did you leave it so late?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joni_richardson)
    Yeah, I have the AQA A A2 textbook. It's all in there, there's just a lot of it! It's all relevant to some extent, but it all needs super-condensing; at the moment I'm tempted to just use the summaries at the end of the chapters.
    Hmm I would say it is risky to just use the summaries, and yeah no problem I will upload some for you. I have deleted my PSYA3 ones though unfortunately so I will only be making ones for PSYA4. Have a look on get revising as well, and there are other psychology revision websites I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 21stcenturyphantom)
    Why did you leave it so late?
    Personal circumstances, and also because when I revise I basically always have to teach myself the whole course over again in a week anyway because my memory is terrible. So, as it stands, I still haven't left it that late, I just panic a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mehhh.....hi.)
    Hmm I would say it is risky to just use the summaries, and yeah no problem I will upload some for you. I have deleted my PSYA3 ones though unfortunately so I will only be making ones for PSYA4. Have a look on get revising as well, and there are other psychology revision websites I think.
    Great help, thanks for being so considerate!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 27, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.