Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I applied for Geography at Bristol last October and am still waiting on a decision. Everyone I know who has heard for Geography from Bristol has got a rejection so I'm hopeful! Was just wondering how much longer it will be and if anyone has an offer yet? I want to be able to choose my unis and do student finance!!!

ReputationRep:
    Bristol are taking an extremely long time to hand out geography offers, I know about 10 + people who are still waiting for geography so I wouldn't worry

My friend got an email saying that they will definetly hear of a decision by the end of April so still a bit of a wait to go but good luck

ReputationRep:
    You can still do student finance. You put your top choice uni in as your firm and then if you end up firming somewhere else you just change it at a later date.

best of luck with the offer

ReputationRep:
    Ohh that's great thanks PHEW
    Love it that this year is the most competitive... Daaaamn..

ReputationRep:
    They took til mid-May for me last year.....to reject me.
    If I'd missed out on accomodation or anything I was going to be so angry!

Seems it's just how they do things - send out a batch of early decisions in October then wait to decide on the rest of the applicants in case better people send in apps (I think that's how they explained it to me....)

Their course is crazy over-subscribed though every year, so...

good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Plus their accommodation applications dont open till june 1st

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.