Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi im still waiting for my ucas to be sent. Iv had it done for 3 weeks now and my head of year just needs to send it. Im i really dissadvantage when i comes to getting a place beacuse im sending it too late im worried all the offers/intervies will have been given out by the time it comes to be sent.

ReputationRep:
    Looking at your Uni choices i would say that your at a SLIGHT disadvantage because everyday the uni gives out more offers meaning less offers available to give...

Just pester your head of year.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    They give all applicants received by January 15th the same consideration!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    They give all applicants received by January 15th the same consideration!
    yeah thats what iv been told but since iv come on here iv come to think otherwise. Even though im fairly earyl in sending my ucas compared to others in my year im really worried that more or less every one has sent thiers on here :mad: . Do you think i would still have a good chance of getting in and as more course has an interview are all applicants intervied at a similar time.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly you'll be fine, I don't think audiology is particularly oversubscribed either is it?

Try and get it in as soon as possible, speak to your head of year if you're feeling worried and maybe it'll get done by the end of the week or something.

ReputationRep:
    the majority of people at my school haven't submitted their applications yet

ReputationRep:
    No-one I know has sent their application off yet, and remember this year applications are down 2% so I wouldn't worry yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TW-04)
    No-one I know has sent their application off yet, and remember this year applications are down 2% so I wouldn't worry yet.
    Just wondering how you know if this year's applications are down 2%, when the deadline for applications to be submitted is over 1.5months away?

ReputationRep:
    Jan 15th

ReputationRep:
    Only a slight disadvantage, Get it in asap!

ReputationRep:
    Oxbridge and Medicine applications are down, and it's thought that overall applications will also be down, though obviously we won't know until January. Actually, if you include late applications, after January.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it was on the BBC a couple of weeks ago. Apparently UCAS say they are processing less applications than same time last year. You'd think they'd actually work a bit faster then?

ReputationRep:
    Jan 15th is the deadline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Not sure where you got that from

Oxbridge is up 0.3%
    Medicine is up 2.6%

http://www.ucas.com/new/press/news101105.html

The first applications digest for applications recieved by 15th Jan is generally published in mid-late February
    Yeah, but, UK applications are down: "applicants with an area of permanent residence in the UK are down by 2.07%" - says it on that link.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, sorry, my memory at fault there. Apologies.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure the numbers will bounce, and that there won't be a decline in the number of applicants.

ReputationRep:
    IMO if you send your app early, it means:
    1. you are organised
    2. you are responsible
    3. (optional) you are persistent (if you pester your slow Head of Year/Headmaster/etc to write your reference quickly and send it off ASAP!)

if i were an admissions tutor, i'd like to see an early application, no matter what UCAS says, because I make the decision, NOT UCAS!

just my 2 cents.

ReputationRep:
    yes but the admissions tutors (assuming they love early applications) only like to see them because it suites themselves, i.e. they think good i can get them out the way and then ge on with something else (they have other things to worry about you know lol) as opposed to what a brilliant student applying early we must have him/her for tea sometime lol.

ReputationRep:
    p.s on the subject of applications, dont worry there arent many at my college that have finished/sent off their applications yet i can only think of myself and a few others lol i know one guy who's only just filled in what courses he wants to do, hasnt started his ps yet either.

ReputationRep:
    I've got to send mine off by the 7th of December.

Which means I'll do my statement at 11pm on the 6th.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.