?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
at kingswood school in Bath?
Katie J
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Nope, but I did one last year & it was great fun! It was just before the Iraq war began with all the real UN not supporting the USA, the afternoon session was on Humanitarian Intervention & the other group from my school were the USA, they had their motion passed on redefining WMDs & just before the end they declared war! It was really good & educational actually! You get to pass notes and get people to carry them to other countries for you, a good way to plan what you're doing in the lunch breaks!
zizero
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I did one last year as well. SAIMUN (St Andrews International Model United Nations) in Dublin. I believe it's the second biggest MUN in Europe. It was good fun and I learned a lot.
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've done one in Paris and two in Geneva (SLN). The Geneva one is brilliant because not only are 200 or so countries represented but it's actually held in the Palais des Nations and chaired by offical U.N 'chairs'.
rednirt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i like the episode of the simpsons where they have their own model united nations and get stranded on the island. Martin doin his little dance cracked me up
boygenious
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
i like the episode of the simpsons where they have their own model united nations and get stranded on the island. Martin doin his little dance cracked me up
that dance happens to be my national dance, i'd appreciate you not laughing at it
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by boygenious)
that dance happens to be my national dance, i'd appreciate you not laughing at it
I quote you this from a character in trhe Simpsons:

"HA HA"
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by boygenious)
really? sorry dude... but he was so cute doing it tho
redcoat
Report 15 years ago
I am!! I'm Albania.
roxy potter
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by zizero)
I did one last year as well. SAIMUN (St Andrews International Model United Nations) in Dublin. I believe it's the second biggest MUN in Europe. It was good fun and I learned a lot.
hey, what country were you in what committee, my friends and i represented el salvador at saimun last year, i was on health and youth submitted a really bad merged resolution.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads