Turn on thread page Beta

I'm applying for a student account but don't know which bank to go with. watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm with Natwest and I'm pretty satisfied with them - don't intend on changing or anything anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ash6661)
    I already opened a student account with Santander a couples weeks ago because that's where my current account is. I have £1000 overdraft and I get insurance on a few gadgets. But all you guys are saying Santander sucks, why is this ?

Which bank has the best student account? And can I open one there as well as having my one at Santander?

HELP!
    what's wrong with Santander?
    Take your pick
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?aq=f&...ander+problems

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwest)
    cool thanks, i'll pop into a bank once my exams are done. in terms of freebees natwest looks quite good although some offer better insurance and also nus cards which give you discounted rail card price
    To be honest, a rail card is far more valuable than any of the other 'perks' that banks can offer, but it all depends on whether or not you'll be making lots of expensive train journeys or not. If you're never going to use the train then fair enough, but say you were making regular journeys that were costing you £60, that's £20 a time! Anyway, I'm sure you're aware of this and obviously it varies from person to person

ReputationRep:
    Santander has got a bad rap and to be honest it does have pretty bad customer feedback. However, they are trying to change their image and their student account is getting better as of next year. I think they are even going to offer interest which not many student accounts do!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: June 22, 2011
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.