Turn on thread page Beta

failed 5x tests but very good academically - do i have something wrong with me? watch

ReputationRep:
    I was just thinking about the title of this thread. Isn't it like saying 'I can do calculus, solve field equations and write a well argued, 40,000 word thesis in two days. Why arn't I good at rugby?!' or 'How come I can ice-skate to an olympian standard, but not do brain surgery?'. Prowess in one field does not mean you will be proficient in all. There are many different types of intelligence, and people are better at some than at others. You could have great academic and social intelligences, but not so great spacial. It's something we have to live with. But hey, you're successful at other things, so you could nearly hire a driver :cool:

_Kar.

ReputationRep:
    Took me a while, just take your time and relax, there probably isnt anything wrong with your driving, the worst thing you can do is take a break. Just keep at it!
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babygirl110)
    I had a similar situation in my final test, the other car flashed me to go through, I then said to the examiner; that guy flashed me can I go. He said do what you think is right. I didn't get a fault for it.

Maybe next time just point out to the examiner that the other person has let you go.
    or a better way to point things out is to make sure you aggressively check mirrors, make a safety judgement etc before moving so the instructor can see you checked it was safe before moving. that way your actions are justified regardless as you took due diligence to check the signal wasnt intended for someone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by warrenpenalver)
    or a better way to point things out is to make sure you aggressively check mirrors, make a safety judgement etc before moving so the instructor can see you checked it was safe before moving. that way your actions are justified regardless as you took due diligence to check the signal wasnt intended for someone else.
    I was only making a suggestion to her, I think its important to point out to the examiner. As for msm, it's important to do it throughout the test for every little thing, it goes without say really. It's also just as important when one becomes fully licensed as it is when they are still learning. If I didn't check my mirrors then I may as well not be driving as all because I'd be a harzard on the roads.

Oh and for shinytoy to have noticed this car letting her go through suggests to me that she did use her rear view and wing mirror before she moved. Her instructor also saw this car but the examiner seems to have missed it :s

ReputationRep:
    Your good grades means you spend too much time stuck behind your school books, as far as i'm concerned getting good grades doesn't actually mean you're intelligent, just to put it bluntly.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.