Turn on thread page Beta

RBS Risk Internship & Graduate Salary 2011 watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I have recently been offered an internship within RBS Risk for this summer. Since looking over the contract I have noticed that the salary (at £18,900) is quite a bit lower than what other banks are offering.

Does anyone know how much RBS pay for their graduates to give me an idea of what I should expect should I be made an offer because I currently have other offers and am trying to decide between them.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Well Lloyds Banking Group offer only 18 k so its not that bad, anyhow the point of the intern is to get to the grad scheme, thats when it gets more lucrative, and check out the training, often the training is more important than just money, since it can open doors.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your response! Yes they are offering CFA which I am happy about. I was just looking for an idea of what to expect at graduate level.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I know it may be a bit an off-topic but as you have been offered an internship, could you more or less present your situation? I mean - did you have any previous banking-related experience? What uni are you studying at and what are your grades - do you only get 1s or is it 2.1?? I'm interested because I'd like to get a view of what they expect from candidates.

ReputationRep:
    No I did not have any previous experience in banking. I am not at one of the top universities also so I do believe that they give everyone a chance (having said that, their tests are quite difficult so just prepare). Grades are important to them but "experience" is moreso, so stuff you do at uni or other placements you may have had are good.

good luck

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your answer. It kind of gave me some hope Good luck with your internship.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone knows the graduate salary for FO roles other than GBM? Especially interested in GRG, GTS

ReputationRep:
    So... I've sent my application yesterday although it was for RBS finance. I did, however, point out that I want to be considered for RBS risk if I'm unsuccessful with my first choice. How long does it take now to get any answer/phone interview etc? Does anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snopekk)
    So... I've sent my application yesterday although it was for RBS finance. I did, however, point out that I want to be considered for RBS risk if I'm unsuccessful with my first choice. How long does it take now to get any answer/phone interview etc? Does anyone know?
    Is RBS still recruiting? :eek: Allow a month after you've taken your tests. There is no phone interview afaik just tests and ability centre later

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.