Turn on thread page Beta

US Soldiers Posed with Dead Afghan watch

ReputationRep:
    scum of the earth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pukhtun)
    In response to the OP, when the images are published in the Afghan press then I am sure there will be huge uproar and protests from Afghans all over the country.

There have already been many many protests against NATO in Afghanistan and Karzai has been under immense pressure to try and halt the night raids and drone bombings which result in so many innocent deaths.

Funnily enough this never gets reported in the Western media.

Death would be a welcome mercy for these dogs.

The Afghans hate NATO. End this war.

ALSO this reminds me of an article I recently read: http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/gl...05/afghanistan

I strongly recommend having a look-through that.
    The events described are not isolated.

I hope these dogs find no mercy just as they offered no mercy to those they killed.
    Woah! I can't believe how shockingly awful some of the mainstream 'News' channels can be. I recommend having a read of the article too.

ReputationRep:
    He looks like a chinese tourist who's stumbled upon a local afghan delicacy, Americans. Tossers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imperial maniac)
    I couldn't care less, the line between "helpless civilian" and "mad terrorist" is getting more and more blurred for me.
    The kid lifted up his shirt to show he was not wearing a suicide vest as is normal procedure in Afghanistan. He did not have any weapons.

You've most likely never experienced that so I am not at all surprised you do not care.

Simply put. It was pre-meditated murder by a force which is there to supposedly "keep the peace" and "win the hearts and minds"....I honestly feel sick whenever I hear that phrase.

Thanks to them his family will not only be at a loss emotionally but it will be harder for them to survive since they will get less yield in the harvest. Also as it is Kandahar the Taliban will probably tax them out of most of their harvest so they won't be able to make much profit from selling it. If he had any brothers of other family they would be more inclined to seek justice and join the Taliban.

Now imagine that happened to you 'imperial maniac' or whatever you wish to be called. Imagine that your son who you loved dearly was taken away from you. Imagine that you will never be able to get him back. That if you carry on with your job it will not be enough to feed the rest of your family properly or make a decent living. Imagine that once your son was dead that his body was desecrated or was the plaything of barbaric foreigners. Imagine that you found out that he had been killed for absolutely no reason and that he had done nothing wrong. What would you do in this situation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B-Man.)
    Woah! I can't believe how shockingly awful some of the mainstream 'News' channels can be. I recommend having a read of the article too.
    It's a simple matter of looking at the news source. The news channel reports what it gets told.

Generally it is from a "military official" i.e. a NATO spokesman. They will obviously cover up any bad stories and do not exactly have a track-record of being completely honest.

They will only offer apologies once everyone finds out about their lies but they will do nothing more.

Afghan eyewtiness accounts count for nothing in Afghanistan and since these events are not independently reported in the West (NATO would never allow that to happen) the only accounts you will ever hear are those of the soldiers.

Even when independent Afghan inquiries find differeing evidence to the stories given out by NATO such inquiries are rare and the results are generally ignored.

If I want to learn about events in Afghanistan I watch Ariana Afghan News channel* or possibly Al Jazeera or Press TV (obviously biased against America but it offers a different view). But my main and most reliable source is from my family there.

Needless to say BBC/CNN stories count for nothing.

*Although even that is funded by ISAF/NATO so I doubt the images will be shown on national television which will be a huge shame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pukhtun)
    The kid lifted up his shirt to show he was not wearing a suicide vest as is normal procedure in Afghanistan. He did not have any weapons.

You've most likely never experienced that so I am not at all surprised you do not care.

Simply put. It was pre-meditated murder by a force which is there to supposedly "keep the peace" and "win the hearts and minds"....I honestly feel sick whenever I hear that phrase.

Thanks to them his family will not only be at a loss emotionally but it will be harder for them to survive since they will get less yield in the harvest. Also as it is Kandahar the Taliban will probably tax them out of most of their harvest so they won't be able to make much profit from selling it. If he had any brothers of other family they would be more inclined to seek justice and join the Taliban.

Now imagine that happened to you 'imperial maniac' or whatever you wish to be called. Imagine that your son who you loved dearly was taken away from you. Imagine that you will never be able to get him back. That if you carry on with your job it will not be enough to feed the rest of your family properly or make a decent living. Imagine that once your son was dead that his body was desecrated or was the plaything of barbaric foreigners. Imagine that you found out that he had been killed for absolutely no reason and that he had done nothing wrong. What would you do in this situation?
    When you put it like that I agree with you entirely.

It does beg the question: what the hell are we doing in these countries? I am against the action being taken in Libya simply because I don't understand what we have to gain by being there.

Afghanistan is supposedly peacekeeping and preventing terrorist groups from growing unchecked? I don't see how shooting civilians and then photographing themselves with them is in any way productive to the mission, but the soldiers claim they were just carrying out orders?

I have since seen some of the photos since making my first post, please excuse my earlier ignorance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FyreFight)
    The US military have severe disciplinary issues. You'd never see British servicemen doing this - nor servicemen from most other Western nations.
    I agree, this for example:

It's worrying

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12836851

so the little **** gets only 24 years for murdering 3 people.

Strict martial courts my ass.

ReputationRep:
    "Idiots you should have burned the camera!"

*gets carried away to jail*

"Nooo!"

Case closed!

ReputationRep:
    They torture, they kidnap, they rape, they kill innocent people and then they take trophy photos.
    Yes, very honourable these soldiers are.

This is disgusting.

There was a recent article showing how Americans used torture tactics specifically aimed at Muslims. They learned it from the French in their exploits against Algerians.
    The world has seen enough evidence of their crimes (wasn't Abu Ghraib enough? Guantanamo? there are hundreds of places like that around the world sanctioned by Americans i.e where ppl end up after extraordinary rendition aka kidnapping, without seeing light of day or being charged). Dont tell me these soldiers act alone, they cannot possibly operate without support further up.

If anything happens outside of the West we label people barbarians. When it happens closer to home we call it an 'isolated incident'. I guess it helps us sleep at night. Where is the accountability.

Then you wonder why Muslims hate America and the West.

ReputationRep:
    And you call the Afghans terrorists...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    They torture, they kidnap, they rape, they kill innocent people and then they take trophy photos.
    Yes, very honourable these soldiers are.

This is disgusting.

There was a recent article showing how Americans used torture tactics specifically aimed at Muslims. They learned it from the French in their exploits against Algerians.
    The world has seen enough evidence of their crimes (wasn't Abu Ghraib enough? Guantanamo? there are hundreds of places like that around the world sanctioned by Americans i.e where ppl end up after extraordinary rendition aka kidnapping, without seeing light of day or being charged). Dont tell me these soldiers act alone, they cannot possibly operate without support further up.

If anything happens outside of the West we label people barbarians. When it happens closer to home we call it an 'isolated incident'. I guess it helps us sleep at night. Where is the accountability.

Then you wonder why Muslims hate America and the West.
    (Y)

Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.