Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to deal with a Mobile phone addict. Watch

Hi,

Firstly I think I might get some stick for this, But its genuine and it's starting to annoy me now.
    Ok, I have a Girlfriend of 10 Month and were amazing and I love her lots and she loves me.
    The only problem is her hand is glued to her phone. As soon as she wakes up she reaches for the phone, whens shes in the bath shes on the phone, and when I'm talking to her yes she's on the phone and dont reply to me because all her attention is on the phone. She always goe on facebook looking through peoples status's. People she dont even know half of the time. The only time we talk on a night is when she's drained her phone battery down, and drained mine down too as she goes on mine aswell.
    Th other Saturday I paid £150 on a slap up meal only to see. The back of her phone, her food actually went cold.
    Now I feel like a hypocrite because I do go on mine aswellbut not half as much as what she does.
    I've tried talking to her about it but it dont make any difference.

Sorry to babble,

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    She probably doesn't even realise she's doing it so much. The next time you're talking and she's more interested in her phone, ask her a question to see if she's listening. Say 'please can you look at me when I'm talking' and see what she does. Keep going on at her about it and she should get the message.
    As for the meal, why didn't you say at the time if it would be nice if she could put her phone down so you two could spend some proper time together? Keep saying and she'll have to keep listening

ReputationRep:
    Staying on her phone throughout a meal is plain rude. Bring it up whenever she is doing it and you don't feel she is listening to you.

ReputationRep:
    LOL she doesn't want you sux2bu brahhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeautifullyTragic)
    She probably doesn't even realise she's doing it so much. The next time you're talking and she's more interested in her phone, ask her a question to see if she's listening. Say 'please can you look at me when I'm talking' and see what she does. Keep going on at her about it and she should get the message.
    As for the meal, why didn't you say at the time if it would be nice if she could put her phone down so you two could spend some proper time together? Keep saying and she'll have to keep listening
    Or text her this.

ReputationRep:
    Hide her phone when she's not looking (if that ever happens), and watch her have a complete meltdown

(Original post by Pink Bullets)
    Or text her this.
    Yeah. OP, text her next time she's doing it in front of you and see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried flushing it down the toilet? Or you could somehow make her leave it by the sink while you are washing up and accidently knock it into the water.:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Text her?

ReputationRep:
    My sister is like this although not as bad, have you tried playing her at her own game and being preoccupied with your phone when she wants to talk? I know it sounds childish but from personal experience nothing else works.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.