Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, my name is patricia i am 21 years of age and i am really terifyed. For i think over a year now my period has come out black/brown and think. at first it was only spots of black/brown and then i would have a normale period but now it come out thivk black/brown the frist day of my period and then within the 2nd day i see red i am terifyed because i read that it means if i get preganet i mignt not beable to carry a baby full tearm i have not had sex and do not plain on haveing it till i get married. i deeply hope that i can get some answers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serenity_dinago)
    Hi, my name is patricia i am 21 years of age and i am really terifyed. For i think over a year now my period has come out black/brown and think. at first it was only spots of black/brown and then i would have a normale period but now it come out thivk black/brown the frist day of my period and then within the 2nd day i see red i am terifyed because i read that it means if i get preganet i mignt not beable to carry a baby full tearm i have not had sex and do not plain on haveing it till i get married. i deeply hope that i can get some answers
    You are best off going to a doctor regarding that tbh, they will be helpful more than anyone on here. However I do believe that the dark "blood" could just be the lining coming out first. It used to be like that me, but I carried to overdue. So I don't think that statement is actually true :s

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it has any impact on your ability to carry a baby to full term to be honest, it sounds pretty standard, just thick blood clotting and lining - if you're worried, go to your Dr but it doesn't sound like anything to be concerned about to me.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations, you are an orc :borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    Congratulations, you are an orc :borat:
    No, she's the Anti-Christ

ReputationRep:
    wouldn't it being dark brown/black just mean it's old??? that's what i always thought

ReputationRep:
    Are you on the pill? When I was on Loestrin my period always started with dark blood (which just means it's old blood) and then went to normal. Never heard it meant you were pregnant, and if you take the pill right the chance of pregnancy is tiny anyway.

ReputationRep:
    yeah thick blood thats slightly clot appears brownish black. you might need blood thinners like aspirin or amybe even coagulants like heparin during your period. Please talk to your GP.

PM me if you have more questions, i might be able to help you x

ReputationRep:
    Brownish black blood is generally old blood. If you are really concerned, go to a doctor!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.