Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

anti white racism. why is it accepted in british society? watch

ReputationRep:
    why is this? answers please?

ReputationRep:
    Because white people aren't a minority in Britain.

EDIT: Apparently I have to explain this to some people. I'm white, and don't support this myself. As much as people don't want to admit it, even on TSR, this is just how it goes, and I doubt it will change.

ReputationRep:
    A stormfronter then.

ReputationRep:
    Normal people don't accept racism in any way. I haven't experienced/witnessed any racism against white people so I'm a bad person to ask really.

ReputationRep:
    Because when it comes down to it... we pretty much run the country - monarch/house of commons/house of lords, run most major businesses, make up the majority of public and private school students and generally aren't a minority in any shape or form.

Awaiting a neg for this frankly, but it's the truth

EDIT:

Just in a response to the negs I suppose... I was not implying that I support the above status quo, merely that exists, and for me is why I feel that anti white racism is seen as more acceptable, our culture has downtrodden ethnic minorities for hundreds of years.

ReputationRep:
    Same reason girls can be all "Woo you go girl, girl power yeah!" and its seen as a good thing but if a man comes along and says actually no men are better at that, then suddenly he's sexist or misogynistic

Your example:

Black history month = a good thing
    Man talking about the achievements of whites over other races = a white supremacist.

ReputationRep:
    Does this mean that if I moved to a predominantly black country and started up some "Whites Only" groups, it'd be fine?

ReputationRep:
    You might want to give an example or two, because I'm struggling to think of any.

ReputationRep:
    You are *******ising the meaning of the word racism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insoms)
    Same reason girls can be all "Woo you go girl, girl power yeah!" and its seen as a good thing but if a man comes along and says actually no men are better at that, then suddenly he's sexist or misogynistic

Your example:

Man talking about the achievements of whites over other races = a white supremacist.
    Black History month isn't about black people talking about their achievements over other races, it's a tribute to overcoming hardship and appreciating black culture. why would anyone have a problem with it. it's not racism in anyway

ReputationRep:
    interracial crime rates are predominately black on white. why is this covered up in the media?

why are phrases like: white flight, stale male and pale or hideously white accepted?

why are white people expected to look on as their communities are colonised by other ethnic groups and not complain?

why are white people told to accept diversity, when in reality, diversity means less white people?

why are white people reduced to white people when they in fact an ethnic group like all other ethnic groups?

why are white people offensively labelled as racist, white supremacist, stormfronters, nazis whenever they raise concerns that affect their own ethnic group?

ReputationRep:
    black history is racist because it specifically highlight black achievement. it glorifies black characters.

white people are forbidden from such glorification. it is offensively and hypocritically labelled as white supremacism..........which is just another part of the anti white racism that governs british society...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Does this mean that if I moved to a predominantly black country and started up some "Whites Only" groups, it'd be fine?
    I doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    A better question would be why do you people like you keep highlighting racism but yet appear to want rid of it? Racism will not go away when people keep bringing it to the front of our minds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Perhaps a white people support group. I'd see a Black's only group as racist in this country. But not some form a support group.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insoms)

Your example:

This is just terrible.

ReputationRep:
    There will be mixed race majority in this country at some point. Get over it.

ReputationRep:
    ''A better question would be why do you people like you keep highlighting racism but yet appear to want rid of it? Racism will not go away when people keep bringing it to the front of our minds.''

again, this is anti white racism. this kind of comment is only ever presented to white people when they raise the issue of anti white racism. this is never asked of black people when they bring up their issues with racism, for example.

ReputationRep:
    There will be mixed race majority in this country at some point. Get over it.

even if that was true. then what has that got to do with the reality of anti white racism taking place now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dunnicare)
    Perhaps a white people support group. I'd see a Black's only group as racist in this country. But not some form a support group.
    How about things like play groups and schools for children?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.