The Student Room Group

anti white racism. why is it accepted in british society?

Scroll to see replies

cuz we need da BNP ini :ahee:
I have witnessed racism against white people on two occasions and it hasn't been tolerated at all.
The question is why do blacks need a month to celebrate peanut butter and Michael Jordan?
Original post by humanrights
why is this? answers please?

I don't think its a huge problem or even a problem in British society, but personally I condemn any form of racism.

In the USA however it's a very different story.
the majority of racist murder and violence is committed against white people.

''Figures recently published under the Freedom of Information Act seem to support such fears: of the 58 people killed because of the colour of their skin between 1995 and 2004, almost half were described as white.

That means that actually white people are under-represented in terms of racist attacks. If half of those were white, they're under-represented as white people make up 90% of the population. Surely that's a no-brainer.

The British Crime Survey reveals that in 2004, 87,000 people who described themselves as black or minority ethnic (BME) had been victims of what they believed was a racially motivated crime. They had suffered 49,000 violent attacks, with 4,000 being wounded.

At the same time a staggering 92,000 white people also said that racism was the cause of an attack or crime they had suffered. The number of violent attacks against whites reached 77,000, while the number of white people who reported being wounded was five times the number of black and minority ethnic victims at 20,000.''

Again, white people represent 90% of the population. Black people represent less than 5%. It's clear that white people are again under-represented in this category.

This doesn't justify it, but it does show that racism against white people is far less prevalent than racism against other groups.
Reply 125
Firstly the attacks have to be looked at in terms of population size. Secondly, this is just racist attacks, racism occurs in other parts of society where whites are unlikely to ever experience it, such as in employment. Also, consider the fact that white people have more opportunity in societies and that ethnic minorities often live in poor areas. Obviously as I said racism is bad on either side but as a whole, in all western countries the problem will be greater for ethnic minorities than for white people. This is obvious. Lack of opportunity + poor environment will equal a more violent community with more crime.

lets use racist murder as an indicator of general levels of violence--

almost 50% of racist murder victims are white.

whites make up around 90% of the population. non whites 10% roughly.

this means that 10% of the population is committing almost half of all racist murders.

if it was proportionate, white people would be committing 90% of all racist crime, and be victims of just 10%.

if we add the racist violent stats together. out of the 125,000 violent recorded incidents. well over half, 77,000 were committed against white people.

so, 10% of the population is committing well over 50% of all racist crime.

the figures are simply obscene and the absolute opposite of what most people are led to believe by the racist politically correct society at large.

if that wasn't bad enough, there is a denial of the issue, as if white people were less than human. at best, the attacks are justified or downgraded to mere socio economics......which is almost a back handed way of blaming white people themselves for the racist violence against them.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 126
That means that actually white people are under-represented in terms of racist attacks. If half of those were white, they're under-represented as white people make up 90% of the population. Surely that's a no-brainer.

almost 50% of racist murder victims are white.

whites make up around 90% of the population. non whites 10% roughly.

this means that 10% of the population is committing almost half of all racist murders.

if it was proportionate, white people would be committing 90% of all racist crime, and be victims of just 10%.
85% of interracial crime is black on white.

its racist to suggest that it is not racism. imagine if 85% was white on black? you obviously would not be saying.........oh, well it happens on both sides.

but, i say again, the motivations are irrelevant. you think it matters to a rape or murder victims what the motivations are?

no.

downplaying the anti white violence in america is racism.

I would be saying this no matter which way round it was. My point would still remain.
and actually, crime dirrectly from black to white people in the USA is more around 39.4%. Where are your figures from?

The motive is very important... Because if a black person assalts a white person, but it's because they earn more money (actually common), then it's not racism.

Stop telling me I'm racist, I'm talking about it from both points of view.
When a white person is racist against a nonwhite person there is a LOT of fuss

but when a non-white person is racist against a white person its not taken seriously

and im not even White

its to increase racial tensions
Original post by OdinsThunder
The question is why do blacks need a month to celebrate peanut butter and Michael Jordan?

Questioning Black History month is fine, but that is just racist.
Reply 130
I would be saying this no matter which way round it was. My point would still remain.
and actually, crime dirrectly from black to white people in the USA is more around 39.4%. Where are your figures from?

The motive is very important... Because if a black person assalts a white person, but it's because they earn more money (actually common), then it's not racism.

Stop telling me I'm racist, I'm talking about it from both points of view.''

figures are from justice bureau stats.

bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/

85% of interracial violence is black on white.

your 40% stat simply means that 40% of all violence against white people is committed by blacks.

which, is absolutely disgraceful.

if white people and black people were separated, then white people would suffer 40% LESS VIOLENCE in america!

motive does not matter to a victim--but, even so, much of the violence is racially motivated anyway.
Reply 131
Because only white people can be racist.
figures are from justice bureau stats.

bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/

85% of interracial violence is black on white.

your 40% stat simply means that 40% of all violence against white people is committed by blacks.

which, is absolutely disgraceful.

if white people and black people were separated, then white people would suffer 40% LESS VIOLENCE in america!

motive does not matter to a victim--but, even so, much of the violence is racially motivated anyway.

I seriously can't find your 85% statistic on that site anywhere.
and what you did with my stat makes no sense at all. I'll explain it properly.
Black people (in the USA) commit 36.5% (think I read that wrong before, pretty much the same) of all violent crime. 13.8% of that is against white people, 78.2% of that is against other black people, and 8% is against "other" races.
Similarly... 32.5% of violent crime (in the USA) is commited by white people. 83.3% is against other white people, and 7.6% is against black people.

Of every 100 violent crimes in the USA, 28.5 was a black person against a white person. 27.1 (almost the same) would have been a white person against another white person.
It's not as massive as you think.

I know the motive doesn't matter to the victim, you keep repeating this... My point is it matters in this debate. If a black person assulted a white person, it wasn't necessarily because of a racist motive (it was more probably because of economic and social factors), which means that statistic DOESN'T matter in this argument.
Just because a black man hit a white man, doesn't mean there's racial hatred.
As a majority, I guess it could be seen as less intimidating/noticeable
Reply 134
Original post by insoms
Your example:

Black history month = a good thing
Man talking about the achievements of whites over other races = a white supremacist.

Black history month is not about learning how black people enslaved or invaded other countries.
Reply 135
interracial crime rates are predominately black on white. why is this covered up in the media?

why are phrases like: white flight, stale male and pale or hideously white accepted?

why are white people expected to look on as their communities are colonised by other ethnic groups and not complain?

why are white people told to accept diversity, when in reality, diversity means less white people?

why are white people reduced to white people when they in fact an ethnic group like all other ethnic groups?

why are white people offensively labelled as racist, white supremacist, stormfronters, nazis whenever they raise concerns that affect their own ethnic group?

what? are you serious?
Reply 136
I can completely understand the views on either side of this argument, but imo all racism is wrong. By that I mean that no one should be discriminated against because of their race.

My boyfriend lived in a predominantly black and Asian part of Birmingham, where he was beaten up and threatened a lot just for being white. Surely this is unacceptable?
Yes on a large scale in Britain white people are not the minority, but in some situations they are and racism should not be tolerated against anyone.
Unfortunately no one took the racism carried out against my boyfriend seriously because he was white.
Original post by CombineHarvester
In Zimbabwe and South Africa white only groups do exist but they're in white neighbourhoods and usually involve upper class tea parties and the like which black Africans generally have no interest in.

Haha, I was yet to respond to that previous post to mention exactly that.
Original post by dennisraymondsmith
there's a percentage of racism in everyone..be it 1 percent...10 percent or 100 percent...black people will be racist to your face...white people tend to do it behind ones back..

This!

Yeah, all the racist black people I know are overtly racist, they don't hide it.

In Africa white people are racist to your face as well, here they do it behind one's back like you are saying, they hide behind tolerance.
I'll just leave this here

Quick Reply

Latest