Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Started feeling light headed after smoking? watch

ReputationRep:
    I know that when you start smoking you usually feel lightheaded, I've been smoking for about 8 months now but in the past few days I've started to feel really lightheaded again. I used to get it now and then when I started and eventually it stopped again after a few weeks and now it's happening again

I usually smoke about 8 a day, haven't really "changed" my smoking habit recently, I luckily feel sick after having around 10 so I don't really smoke too much unless I'm drunk. I thought the lightheadedness only happened when you start smoking, I've not had this happen or heard of it happening from people who've smoked longer than me.

I'm planning on quitting over the summer after my exams, I quit a few years ago and it was hard and I'd rather not go through it again. So yes, I do plan on quitting soon, just I'd rather get exams out the way first.

Thanks for any advice in advance x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xhotas)
    I know that when you start smoking you usually feel lightheaded, I've been smoking for about 8 months now but in the past few days I've started to feel really lightheaded again. I used to get it now and then when I started and eventually it stopped again after a few weeks and now it's happening again

I usually smoke about 8 a day, haven't really "changed" my smoking habit recently, I luckily feel sick after having around 10 so I don't really smoke too much unless I'm drunk. I thought the lightheadedness only happened when you start smoking, I've not had this happen or heard of it happening from people who've smoked longer than me.

I'm planning on quitting over the summer after my exams, I quit a few years ago and it was hard and I'd rather not go through it again. So yes, I do plan on quitting soon, just I'd rather get exams out the way first.

Thanks for any advice in advance x

Feeeeel the nicotine rush :cool:

_Kar.

ReputationRep:
    Its just the nicotine. It'll be alright if you keep smoking the same amount or greater.

ReputationRep:
    Nicotine rush... like a head rush but worse tasting.

I usually get it if I smoke again after abstaining for a while or smoking a couple in quick succession.

ReputationRep:
    It probably is your lungs working at sub-optimal capacity if you've been smoking 8 a day for 8 months. Cut it out so you smoke only on nights out when other people are smoking. I dunno why social smokers get so much stick, surely it's worse to do it on your own, just like drinking.

Bloody hell, I remember this one time when I was smoking a roll-up and suddenly this gust of wind tore right through the cigarette and straight into my lungs. Thought I was gonna faint.

ReputationRep:
    I get this if I haven't smoke for a while or smoked a lot in a short period, just a headrush.

ReputationRep:
    Has your diet changed?

ReputationRep:
    It means you're not smoking enough. The norm should be 10 a day for a stressed teenager.

ReputationRep:
    It's probably the carbon monoxide rush.

I've quit my consumption to 1 every 2 days now and plan to go for 1 a week - the tolerance really is getting worse.

But surely that's a good thing, right?

ReputationRep:
    I get that too, its not a nicotine rush its more like a weak dizzy spell which normally lasts for like 4-5 seconds, feels kind off like an out-of body experience. But normally it doesn't happen after smoking, just happens randomly a few times a week. But it has happened after smoking quite a few times!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.