Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I think most, if not all people who just passed their test/just got their first car, experience the 'I can't get enough of driving' phase. The 'sure ill drive you Scotland! No don't worry about petrol money!' buzz. (maybe a little extreme but you know what I mean..) So, my question to you guys is: how long did that last for you? Weeks? Months? Are you still in it? When did you hit that point where driving just didn't get you as excited as it used to? Discuss

ReputationRep:
    I've been driving for three years and it still hasn't worn off yet! Love it and everything about it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fudgeeyena)
    So I think most, if not all people who just passed their test/just got their first car, experience the 'I can't get enough of driving' phase. The 'sure ill drive you Scotland! No don't worry about petrol money!' buzz. (maybe a little extreme but you know what I mean..) So, my question to you guys is: how long did that last for you? Weeks? Months? Are you still in it? When did you hit that point where driving just didn't get you as excited as it used to? Discuss
    About 6 months? Now I honestly hate driving everywhere. Ugh. See, my minimum drive anywhere is about 25 mins cos I live quite far away. Which means, in the year since I got my license, i've probably driven on average an hour a day, generally more (about 2). So I've probably racked up over 400 hours driving. That's after I passed my test, so there was another year before that, too. But yes, getting a little tired of it now. The freedom is good, though.

_kar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SummerAnthems)
    I've been driving for three years and it still hasn't worn off yet! Love it and everything about it!
    I think this is what I'll be like as soon as I insure my car. I passed last week but I've always completely loved driving, was so excited for my 17th just so I could get behind the wheel!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kareir)
    About 6 months? Now I honestly hate driving everywhere. Ugh. See, my minimum drive anywhere is about 25 mins cos I live quite far away. Which means, in the year since I got my license, i've probably driven on average an hour a day, generally more (about 2). So I've probably racked up over 400 hours driving. That's after I passed my test, so there was another year before that, too. But yes, getting a little tired of it now. The freedom is good, though.

_kar
    I understand where you're coming from. Maybe the reason your 'driving buzz' didnt stick around is because you HAVE to drive, as a necessity rather than as something fun. Still gotta love the freedom though

ReputationRep:
    It still hasnt worn off for me && I passed my test about 10 months ago

ReputationRep:
    I was in an accident as a passenger in December and still haven't recovered. Can't travel as a passenger now and get very nervous driving. It's a chore tbh

ReputationRep:
    As soon as I passed my test I was driving to and from college everyday, it's a 30 min journey so it wore off pretty quickly, I do still have days where I love driving though

ReputationRep:
    Depends where I'm driving. Driving on the stupid A14 with its stupid average speed cameras would always have been rubbish, driving on a decent quiet A road with no speed cameras is still fun 11 years after taking my test. Driving around Nottingham is 1000 times more fun than driving round ****ing Cambridge with all the ***** on bikes trying to throw themselves under your wheels.

ReputationRep:
    When they took away my guns... I have to confess I sometimes listen to the GTA Vice City soundtrack when driving and that makes it heaps more fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Goose)
    I was in an accident as a passenger in December and still haven't recovered. Can't travel as a passenger now and get very nervous driving. It's a chore tbh
    Good luck getting a First :yep:

ReputationRep:
    It depends where I'm driving, when and what for. I love driving down the motorway when it's quiet, but I hate being on the motorway on a morning commute stuck in standstill traffic.

ReputationRep:
    It's been almost three years and still happily driving! Absolutely love it. Gotta admit though, traffic ****s me off.

ReputationRep:
    I've been driving for nearly 3 years, about 30 miles a day (weekdays), perhaps more on weekends, and I still love it. The only downside is the price of fuel which is ever increasing (due to the government tax system mainly).

ReputationRep:
    As soon as I passed my test and saw how often the tank needed filling.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it actually wears off, sure at one point driving becomes subconscious and you don't need to think before breaking/speeding up but it's still an awesome feeling especially on the highway going 120 with your windows down.

ReputationRep:
    car wears off after a few months I'd say
    I'm pretty sure I'm never going to get tired of riding though

ReputationRep:
    I passed about one year ago and it hasn't worn off yet saying that, I just got a new car so maybe thats why XD

ReputationRep:
    When I was sitting in a friends car as he went the wrong way up a one way street. I thought "I much prefer sitting here doing jack and laughing then having to concentrate and actually do something."

ReputationRep:
    After I had enough of lessons because I couldn't keep the cluth on biting point!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.