Declined for Graduate account Watch

Dekota-XS
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I went into lloyds TSB and barclays today to open a graduate account with the aim of taking advantage of their great overdraft facilities only to find out that both require that I have a secure job/offer!!

Has anyone any experience of opening a graduate account? If so, what did they ask of you to open it? They are wanting my degree certificate, proof of identity and want to see that I have a secure job. How do they check if the applicant has a job?
tigermoth99
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Dekota-XS)
I went into lloyds TSB and barclays today to open a graduate account with the aim of taking advantage of their great overdraft facilities only to find out that both require that I have a secure job/offer!!

Has anyone any experience of opening a graduate account? If so, what did they ask of you to open it? They are wanting my degree certificate, proof of identity and want to see that I have a secure job. How do they check if the applicant has a job?
They'd prob need to see payslips and/or details of where you are working, so they can call the company and check.
hypocriticaljap
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
why not convert your student account to a graduate account. It is usually automatic.
Dekota-XS
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by hypocriticaljap)
why not convert your student account to a graduate account. It is usually automatic.
My HSBC student account automatically became a current account after graduation. So I had no say in it
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (998)
90.24%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (108)
9.76%

Watched Threads