Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are you views on Camden Town? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I was planning a shopping excursion to London this weekend and well I've never been to Camden yet I've heard mixed reviews, what is your opinion of camden? I'm really into vintage clothing!

And yes I know there are better places in London for shopping, I'm just going to have a look

ReputationRep:
    I love Camden Town. I absolutely love the alternative scene there.

ReputationRep:
    I live there but I haven't really explored it much! Though the market (go to the Stables) seems pretty good for vintage clothing

ReputationRep:
    it's a quirky place to go shopping, nice for a day out too. just don't get ripped off if you go to the markets, haggle down the prices.
    some people only see the weird side of it, but take it with a pinch of salt and just go explore, have fun!

ReputationRep:
    Camden Towwnnnnnn!

ReputationRep:
    I love it.

ReputationRep:
    I live in camden, one of the best mixed variety of clothing you could find.
    The market not only has some cheap but valuable items you could have in your wardrobe, and we are known a lot for the techno/vintage stalls and shops around the stables.
    We also have the mainstream stores such as All-saints, jd sports, H'n'm but honestly you see those clothes everywhere else.
    There's also a wide range of food which is excellent because you can always haggle the prices down especially during closing time (this applies to the clothes as well!)
    Really funky jewellery as well and excellent views of the river when your around the smaller markets on the stables.
    And this is only one section of Camden!!!
    hope this helps!
    P.S. [it gets pretty packed and heavy with European tourists on Sundays]

ReputationRep:
    Very fun. Keep meaning to go back, I used to live there.

If you drink, the Bucks Head on the way to the market sells screaming Orgasms. Best drink EVAR! (if you like Baileys, milk and whipped cream :sogood:)

The market as you walk in is pretty generic but towards the Lock and the stables it is much better.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good, definitely going there for a look, I'm quite into vintage clothing! Is it big though?

ReputationRep:
    it's amazinggg! loads of choice and quite a big market too
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I like it. The clothes there are very very diverse. It's relatively cheap as well.

PS* Do you remember me? :blushing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by street.lovin')
    I like you.

PS* Do you remember me? :blushing:
    No.:nah::naughty::ninja::nn::no:

ReputationRep:
    I used to love camden.

When I was 13-17 I was in camden virtually every weekend. But I eventually realised that the clothes in the market are pretty bad quality and I wasting a tonne of money buying stuff there.

Still has a great alternative scene there and good pubs/clubs which I go to regularly
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by somos)
    No.:nah::naughty::ninja::nn::no:
    :cry:

Cheeky, you changed what I said!!

ReputationRep:
    It depends on what you are interested in and what you want to buy. When I was a lot more 'gothy' as a teenager I loved buying band t-shirts and makeup and stuff.

Nowadays I live in a shop called Collectif.

Trends tend to change in Camden. It's a bit more indie than it used to be - with more cheap shoe shops than necessary lol.

I do adore the stables Market though, for vintage shopping. And the most amazing vintage spectacles shop.

Oh and the food <3

ReputationRep:
    I went and didnt understand the hype.

ReputationRep:
    I love it so so so much, the stables market is amazing, and it's just a really fun place to live Been travelling down to spend my birthday money on the market since I was 15.

ReputationRep:
    It's a nice place to chill.

ReputationRep:
    Mostly full of junk.

If you're into 'alternative' clothing or want a crazy outfit for Ibiza, then go for it

ReputationRep:
    Camden = amazing.
    Well, the parts I've been to anyway.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.