Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Switching from degree to higher diploma (funding?) watch

ReputationRep:
    I am coming to the end of my 2nd years studies at the University of Bedfordshire, but over the past six months I have become very dissatisfied and unhappy with my course and the area in which i live. As a result i am looking to move institutions and switch to another course.

After a lot of looking around and reading up I managed to find an institution with top notch facilities and a course that really interested me. I booked myself in for a tour/presentation of the place and was very happy with what i saw!

The only problem is, is that they were not willing to accept me on to the degree program due to my qualifications not being quite what were needed. Instead they offered me a place on the one year Higher Diploma program that they offer, with the idea that i can then go on to the degree course with a better understanding.

Will i get the usual funding from the student loans company that i have been getting from my time at university for this Higher Diploma course?

ReputationRep:
    You won't get 4 years further funding.

ReputationRep:
    but i only plan on doing the one year higher dipoma course and then going off to work...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.