Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,

I just have a quick question regarding university applications for the 2011/2012 Academic year.

I’m looking to do an MA in Modern History at King’s College, Durham, UCL and possibly throw one in for History of International Relations at LSE. I received a good 2.1 BA History from Oxford, will receive very good references, and have a unique and interesting research proposal.

Essentially – Is it too late to apply to these courses this year?

Just for background, my situation is a little unique. It was not for lack of planning that got me into this position. In my country we still have compulsory military service. I had planned to complete it in 2011 and begin study in September 2012 but was told only a month ago that my services were not required for the foreseeable future. To say that was annoying would be a massive (and very polite) understatement. If I’m still in time, I’d like to throw in my application.

Thank you to all respondents!

ReputationRep:
    It is quite late, you are cutting it fine. But at the end of the day - you have nothign to loose! bar the application fee...(and KCL is free i think!)

if the programmes haven't closed - get on with it and i'm sure you will have a good chance, albeit a slimmer one because it is late in the day. Keeping that in mind, plenty of people don't apply until may/june. With KCL and UCL you might have a better chance than with LSE.

best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    The only issue will be that, whilst it is likely that these courses are still taking applications (check the websites, they will say), you are likely to have missed the funding deadlines.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.