Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    One of my first periods.

ReputationRep:
    Last year in first year of Uni I started to develop a tooth abscess, but I wasn't registered with a dentist and I was going home in a week so I decided to stick it out... Worst decision of my life without a doubt.

Over the next few days the pain became the worst I'd ever experienced in my life no question about it. My face became so swollen it looked like I was holding a table tennis ball inside my cheek. I ate virtually nothing for three days and didn't sleep for two of them, eventually I had to be taken to A&E because I developed a fever and started throwing up. I wouldn't wish that on anyone ever, I felt like I was losing my mind!

I know how ridiculously stupid I was though... I certainly learned a lot from it. The infection was close to spreading into my jaw bone, which is very very dangerous. It can lead to things like brain abscesses and pneumonia :/

ReputationRep:
    A whack in the testicles (from a football, a kick or a punch - who would do that anyway????) is the worst pain known to man, without question.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Oxford rejection

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/pics...hate-14274.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Having two fairly big injections in the gums along my two front teeth - the skin is so thin there that i felt it...a lot =/ in terms of pain though I've been pretty lucky as I can imagine people having a lot worse than that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    This is why women have children more than once, apparently. They forget the pain of childbirth.

Idk what my worst pain is, probably period pain which can be awful but only lasts a few hours at a time thankfully.
    Same, I once had it so bad I was lying on the bathroom floor, shouting to my friend that I thought I was giving birth to an elephant "/

Other than that though, I would say when I broke my finger, it made me feel sick. Even though I've had worse injuries, that one was just gross.

ReputationRep:
    Probably my scooter accident as a kid. The brakes failed going down a steep hill so I lost control, flew into a stinging nettle bush on a fence, broke my nose, fractured fingers, cut my head open and passed out.

ReputationRep:
    When I dislocated my thumb in the middle of my GCSE exams...

It was at a opposing right angle, yet my Dad refused to take me to A&E! I ended up putting it back into place myself and MY GOD I screamed. I got taken to A&E two days later, after going to the Doctor and them referring me over. When we got there, the doctor ended up calling my Dad an idiot. I ripped a couple of muscles/tendons (something like that) and it took 6 months to recover. Had to wear a splint the whole time. Doctor said it would've been better to break it rather than have all the muscular damage.

Thank god it wasn't my writing hand. Nevertheless, I was doped up on Co-codamol for most of my GCSE exams and had my hand on a cushion. Heh.

Yeah. Worst. Pain. Ever

Toothache would be second worst.

ReputationRep:
    accidently grabbing a red hot iron poker when i was 7, burned half of the skin off my hand off.

Voluntarily, probably a 2k ergo test, or do the 3 peaks in under 24 hours

ReputationRep:
    I was hit by a car when i was 7, but I think I went into some kind of shock thing and it wasn't painful at all, but i couldn't stop crying because of it. I remember after i got up from the floor I thought my head was hot and wet like sweat, so i put my palm to my forehead and when i looked at my hand it was covered in blood, i think I had some kind of adrenalin rush thing.
    More painful than that was once when I had food poisoning on a skiing trip. More painful than that was the first time i got a migraine. I didn't know what was happening and suddenly i couldn't see, half my body went numb and I had the worst headache possible, I remember thinking that i wouldn't mind dying if the pain went away.

ReputationRep:
    Or thinking about it, there was the time my sister left her hair straighteners on the floor of her bedroom near the door. I came in barefoot, and trod on them.

Slept in the bath that night. Couldn't walk for two days.

ReputationRep:
    I've never really been in that bad pain compared to most people on here it seems.

Worst pain for me was on the plane back from Ireland last summer. For some reason, 10 minutes or so before we landed I got an absolutely terrible headache. It felt like the back of my head had been smashed open. What made it worse was I felt drowsy and dizzy and thought I was going to collapse or die. I just really wanted the plane to land and to get the hell to bed.

ReputationRep:
    I got tackled in football once in a sports hall and went flying, I smacked my head on the wall and broke one of my ribs. I stumbled around for a while in so much pain and in a bit of a daze. Then it hurt everytime I tried to move for about 2 weeks...

I've broke my arm twice, chipped an elbow and broke my wrist buy they didn't seem to hurt as much. I think the ribs were so bad because it hurt when I breathed so as you can imagine it wasn't pleasant.

ReputationRep:
    oh, also when I got my finger trapped in the door and it ripped my nail clean off... my teacher handed me a plaster. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    The worst ever pain...?
    I lost two fingers on my left hand in a car accident when I was 14, the pain at the time was severley reduced by shock and adrenaline... but if i accidently hit my hand against anything now, I get a pain so bad that I feel like passing out or throwing up..
    and then there`s the phantom pains, but they are just more uncomfortable...

ReputationRep:
    Period pains are the worst, at times you can hardly breath because of the pain!
    Also, a few years ago because of my constant poor posture on the laptop (I do an IT degree lol) I had upper back pains and that pain somehow reached the front of my chest, felt like my heart was being stabbed - and after many diagnosis of "indigestion", was finally referred to a physio! ¬_¬
    Other than that fortunately, not much others I can mention.

ReputationRep:
    Stubbing my toe ! owww ! :/

ReputationRep:
    Luckily I've never really been injured, my bones are fairly thick... That moment you feel though when you're running and you stub your toe on something really hard, you actually feel like you're gonna die

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spongle)
    Heheh, I don't remember much tbh. I just felt a bit dizzy one day and told me mum, she kept me off school and I went to sleep. Later I woke up and decided I was ok, so had a Mars Bar. My tummy seemed to disagree... :puke:

But yeah, this was when I was living in Ghana, so I just started taking chloroquine(?) and it was fine. How about you?
    Big up the Ghanamassiv! ay!!!
    lol on a serious note though, I lived in zambia which is where I got malaria in the first place, apparently if you get malaria here medics don't know what to do with you, and the meds are'nt available etc [my dad (a doctor)] told me this which to me seems like it prolongs suffering, whereas in modern day, reasonably equipped hospitals in african countries(that are doing well) its pretty much routine and you just have to wait it out and (hopefully) you'll see another day... :rolleyes:

up all night with intense pain, and by that i mean INTENSE pain. I couldn't move at all, it was awful. It happened a few months ago. My phone wasn't near me so couldn't call an ambulance, was sleeping basically naked(only wearing my knickers) and at uni so couldn't call anyone in the house. In addition, my door automatically locks so no-one would've been able to help me. Awful...
    Also, I was at nursery, fell from the top of the climbing frame, straight onto the pavement, hitting it with the bit just beneath bottom of my lip. that bit totally riped apart, had to be rushed to hospital in Zimbabwe. They had nothing I could take so saw them stitch me up(12 stitches), with no pain killers or sedatives. All will never forget the pain even though I was so young. And looking in the mirror is a constant reminder

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 11, 2012
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.