Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    There's a few...

Anaesthetic injections in the gum before having teeth pulled out.
    And then the pain of the actual teeth. Obviously couldn't feel a thing when they pulled it out except the really uncomfortable tugging sensations, but had such incredible pain afterwards, turns out 2 of the 4 teeth I had out had hooks on the end of their roots which managed to bring the nerve up with them when the dentist pulled them out and so he had to stuff the nerve back into my gum

Also period pains once, I used to rely on ibuprofen to cope with the pain but forgot to take some with me when I went out the day I came on and I have never felt so ill in my life. I was throwing up from the pain, almost fainted twice and was just constantly shaking. I was at a 7 hour day of rehearsals and just had to ring my mum to come and get me.
    Best bit though was when I told my friend i felt like **** but didn't say why and she was convinced I had the same thing her boyfriend had (he had a sickness bug so wasn't at the rehearsal) haha xD

I've also broken a bone in my wrist/thumb, each one of my toes separately at various times of my life lol, sprained ankles several times, once came close to breaking a bone in my foot when my 6ft 2 rugby player friend decided to jump off a table onto my bare foot when he was wearing shoes.... ow.
    Oh and there's the regular pain in my wrists from my RSI but I've kinda learnt to take it now :/ was worst 18 2 years ago on a 9 hour a day, 5 day music camp of intensive rehearsals. Dosed up on ibuprofen, paracetamol, diclofenac and codeine and was still in agony lol.

But yeah, I'm rather accident prone xD

ReputationRep:
    I sat on a knitting needle. It went in through my bum cheek straight through to the other side, (verticalling to the area above the front bit of your thigh)
    fell into boiling water, suffered serious burns. But the worst bit was changing the dressing meaning basically peeling off my flesh. OUCH

ReputationRep:
    Appendicitis, peritonitis or maybe after my kidney transplant...

That's real pain! Can't believe someone posted a stubbed toe :confused:

ReputationRep:
    One time in primary school someone bounced a basketball really hard and it hit me in the face. It knocked out two of my front teeth at the top (baby teeth fortunately!). There was blood EVERYWHERE; it looked like someone had been shot in the hall.
    Also, some of the periods I had when I first started were truly horrific. I very nearly passed out from the pain a few times, and I often could hardly move. All I could do was lie in bed doubled over. I remember how miserable I felt at the prospect of having periods for the rest of my adult life lol... but fortunately they got a lot less bad.
    Oh and one time I had a *****in' ear infection.

No serious illness or injuries in my life though, just lucky I guess.

ReputationRep:
    period pain

ReputationRep:
    hit myself in the knee with a ratchet, was crouched in an awkward position at the time and i hurt so much i couldnt straighten my leg or get out of where i was for a good 5 minutes

got a bit of welding **** in my eye once, and when they went to scrape it out the nurse hadn't put enough anaesthetic in, felt like she was rubbing a small piece of sandpaper across my eyeball

getting an injection my gum when my wisdom tooth came through was pretty painful, if the syringe wasnt so big i would have bit it off!

ReputationRep:
    Winded myself... all you can do is scream in pain but that makes it worse!

ReputationRep:
    When I was around 8 I got knocked down by this really big wave, with the impact just being so huge that i got pushed down to the bottom with my face scraping the sand, and i kept trying to get upright but just kept getting whirled around underwater.

It wasnt painful in the traditional sense but I honestly thought i was going to die because i couldnt come up for air and i even blacked out a bit. When i finally got pulled up by someone i had swallowed gallons of water which i puked out which gave me convulsions and shivering for hours after

Other just quite painful things have been dental work (four teeth out and braces - the tightnening) dropping heavy things on my foot or really bad foot cramp in cold weather

ReputationRep:
    period pain

ReputationRep:
    When one of my wisdom teeth was first coming through the pain was so horrible I thought my other teeth were going to fall out.

Turns out it was impacted and growing sideways into the rest of my teeth...it's coming out soon...

My friend claims that most painful thing on earth is being stampeded by a sheep. To be fair, said sheep-trampling did result in her chipping her spine and breaking her collar bone. Which would explain her current wariness around sheep...

i had bone cancer when i was 15. the pain just before i was diagnosed was horrific (i was told this is because it was when the tumour burst out of the bone.) i was screaming, shaking and punching my leg repeatedly because it was so bad, definitely not even comparable to any other pain i've ever experienced - including all through treatment.

second most painful was after surgery on my leg. but then they gave me an epidural and it was bliss.

ReputationRep:
    having a migraine

normally im fine, but this time was a killer

had to sit in darkness cos even tiniest bit of light felt like i was looking at the sun

i couldnt breathe properly and then i started throw up cos the pain was so intense, then after a while i started to have a panic attack at the same time cos it was so terrible, so i was hyperventilating and throwing up together which resulted in crazy tears

and i couldnt take any painkillers cos i didnt have any on me so i had to suffer with a migraine for about 2 hours before i eventually wore myself out from crying, hyperventilating and throwing up so much

ReputationRep:
    Losing my virginity.

ReputationRep:
    Getting hit on a road by joyriders. Didn't see them coming, got an open tibia fracture and a greenstick fracture to my clavicle. I can just remember seeing bits of bone poking out my jeans...bleurgh. *******s just drove off still I've drunk enough milk to make me like iron man now

ReputationRep:
    Some chav punched me and it ripped my left pupil because of the knuckle duster, now have different sight in each eye. (you can't visibly see any damage when you look at my face). That's not even the most painful thing though, just something I found unpleasant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Googleplex66)
    Getting hit on a road by joyriders. Didn't see them coming, got an open tibia fracture and a greenstick fracture to my clavicle. I can just remember seeing bits of bone poking out my jeans...bleurgh. *******s just drove off still I've drunk enough milk to make me like iron man now
    ouchhh, what b******s sorry I've broken clavicle too and know how much that hurts....but not tibia, and certainly not by joyriders.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Breaking my leg. Or being kicked by a horse. Or breaking my wrist or 18 years worth of pain from my foot/knee. Hard choice tbh

ReputationRep:
    Stubbing my toe! Sounds pretty pathetic really but I have no pain threshold whatsoever and my feet are stupidly over-sensitive. I might of been in more pain when I had meningitis/septicemia but I was too young to remember that....I think this is to blame for my over-sensitive feet! :p:

ReputationRep:
    At sixth form we had to play rounders (WTF) with a baseball, and one of the blokes in my team smashed it and it caught me right in the privates...after writhing round for a bit I was advised to go to the toilets and 'inspect' myself to check everythings alright.

WORST FEELING EVER

ReputationRep:
    When I stretched back a little too much and sort of strained my back.
    When I fell ill and couldnt lift my head up without it hurting :/

Blood tests...I cried during my first one, and then used numbing cream next time I hate the feeling of having a needle stuck inside and it hurts.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 11, 2012
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.