Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jar of Hearts)
    Hurts doesn't it! You wouldn't think it does but it really does!
    but how amazing is it when you pee after that. oh. my. days.
    Ugh yeah I had to do that, didn't think it'd hurt so bad :puppyeyes:
    Peeing afterwards was the greatest thing ever. Everrrr.

ReputationRep:
    broke my arm 4 times, but I think the worst pain is the ear infection. I remember one night walking like a zombie in the house, waiting for my father to get me something for drugstore

ReputationRep:
    I've been quite lucky health-wise I think, haven't broken anything yet However I got typhoid fever last summer, man that was pretty painful.

ReputationRep:
    Having someone forcefully crushing my fingers in a heavy car door by accident. A few hours later the pain became unbareable and I went to A&E because after that my circulation was not functioning properly, fingers bloated up to double their size and began to turn purple; every heartbeat made it more painful. The doctor had to stab two of them to release all the trapped and clotting blood. After that my fingernails fell off. Miraculously I didn't break my fingers. Took months for my hand to heal properly. I never thought that damaging your fingers could hurt so much =S

ReputationRep:
    My brother put a long golf tee on the stairs and i stepped on it and it went straight through my foot.

But that didn't even compare to period pain!!

ReputationRep:
    Probably when my earring got stuck inside my piercing when I was really young, about 8 or so I think. Somehow it had managed to go through and get stuck in there, no idea how, and I remember my mum trying to pull it out, I was crying so much. That's probably why I still don't like wearing earrings even though that was years ago. But I've been lucky so far, most of the things that have happened to me haven't been that bad. Actually, beyond a few cuts and bruises, nothing much has happened to me. Yet.

ReputationRep:
    When my jaw got broken....nothing seems painful compared to that now!

Though before that it was getting the tiniest shard of glass in my foot which then healed over without me even realising, then a nurse had to fish it out of my foot with tweezers. Actually wanted to throw up.

ReputationRep:
    I feel a bit wimpy compared to everyone else, but my worst pain ever was when I suddenly got the worst stomach pain ever, I started screaming and crying, it was so bad... if I hadn't been an 11 year old and therefore obviously a virgin, I would probably have thought I was in labour or something :|

ReputationRep:
    Playing cricket somebody hit the ball I went to catch it sun went in my eyes and the ball hit my eye. Went hospital, I couldn't see through that eye for about 2 weeks and there was a scar at the back of my eye.

ReputationRep:
    i suffer from a condition called trigeminal neuralgia. It's also called 'the suicide disease' and medically known as 'the worst pain a human being can feel'.

great.

and I have it during my exams.

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, only time I've been remotely bothered about an injury was when I wasn't paying attention to my climbing mate, who handed me the wrong rope to abseil down on.. I slid about 20ft down a climbing rope and had 8 bleeding fingers missing a few layers of skin. I couldn't let go of the rope because i'd drop, but because it was so quick didn't have time to stop either.

ReputationRep:
    Broke my left ulna and radius and had them set in a temporary cast. Went back to hospital for a new cast, and the bones had both slipped out of place whilst in cast, and so they had to be re-set. This was done without anaesthetic. PAAAAIIIINNNNNN

I feel that I should point out that I was 11 too. Surprisingly I didn't cry.....just went white a ghost

ReputationRep:
    Hit in the knee with an oversized cricket bat (chunky ones).

Hit in the jaw with an oversized cricket bat.

No I didn't get attacked, it was just the way we played cricket

ReputationRep:
    Broke three of my fingers after falling on my hand playing basketball. And my mum didn't believe me at first so for a good few hours or so I was sitting around in extreme pain before I got taken to casualty...boy did she feel guilty when I can home in a sling with my fingers strapped together!

When I was really young and pretending to be Nala from the Lion King "hunting" in the the grass, one of those sticky spiky green seed things got wedged in the inner corner of my eye.

And also when I pulled my hamstring playing netball. Shudder.

ReputationRep:
    I think when my hand got slammed in the car door twice in a row, it was purple for like 2 months haha.
    Also electrolysis kiillls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leahcar)
    I've been lucky enough never to break any bones *frantically searches for wood to touch!*
    The worst pain I've ever experienced was falling down TWO SMALL STEPS and spraining my ankle. Really badly sprained, we thought it was broken and all but it wasn't :o: it swelled up like a balloon and I couldn't put any pressure on it for literally 3 days. I had to go into school in old trainers for weeks because any other shoe i owned either wouldn't fit because of the swelling or made it hut even more.
    I know it's barely scratching the surface of breaking a bone though, but I've never experienced that :o:

Being stood on my a big, chunky horse with shoes on is not the most pleasent experience either, but the ankle was defnitely a worse pain.
    I did the same to my ankle. Tripped up a grass verge while running for a bus lol. Foot and leg was huge. Hospital thought it was broken and because of all the ligament and tendon damage they weren't sure whether to put it in a cast. I had to buy a new pair of shoes. I am a size 6.5 - 7. These were size 9. Really painful to put any weight on for about a week. Every bump in the car was agony, and even having a blanket touch it was painful. Problem was, had a politics trip to london, a day later and on crutches that wasn't particularly fun. I underestimated the amount of steps there were in the train stations. It was OK until I finally got back to Liverpool street and at the top of my last flight of stairs for the day, my arms just gave up and I fell. It was pretty funny. Not sure if it's the worst pain I have experienced though. I can't really remember, but that one definitely springs to mind. I managed to hit my arm so hard against a door, by accident, that I wasn't been able to move it for a few days. The hitting itself wasn't that bad, it was the pain afterwards. I could put pressure on my arm, just couldn't bend any of my joints. Dunno, what that was, but there was a pretty impressive bruise. Not sure which was more painful.

I don't know if that is the worst pain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie_flower)
    i suffer from a condition called trigeminal neuralgia. It's also called 'the suicide disease' and medically known as 'the worst pain a human being can feel'.

great.

and I have it during my exams.
    My mum has that pretty severely. First time I've seen my mum cry, or should I say scream. You must be pretty young to have it. My mum is 40. Diagnosed when 35. I don't doubt that it is the worst pain.

ReputationRep:
    This thread makes me cringe so hard.

ReputationRep:
    I had such severe period pain once that I had to be taken to hospital. XD

ReputationRep:
    I have been pretty lucky with pain, but I remember having a wisdom tooth infection a few years ago which was pretty tough going. It started the week before I finished uni for Easter holidays, I had a kind of nagging pain around where my wisdom tooth was coming through, I remember googling wisdom tooth infection and seeing all these stories of mega pain, and thinking what a load of wimps, it hurts but it's not THAT bad, I gargled salt water but it just made me have a salty taste in my mouth for ages so I thought I'll just put up with the pain. It was a nuisance but not that bad. After about 3 days it died down, then I went home for Easter.

The first night I was home it started up again, I just thought "hmm this is a nuisance, I should go to the dentists at some point this Easter holiday". My mindset by the next morning was "dentists, NOW, or DEATH". It went from being a nagging throb to a piercing stabbing agony that hurt every time the blood flowed through it, and was unbearable when I was lying down and more blood went to my head, all I could do was keep my head upright, which obviously meant no sleep, I spent a night of tortured agony then phoned the dentist the next morning, fortunately he let me see him right away, I had to get the train over and I felt every bump in the track.

He gave me some antibiotics which probably took 1 day to kick in so I had another miserable day of tired acceptance of torturing pain, and then the pain started to subside rapidly. After 3 weeks when the infection had settled down, he took my wisdom tooth out, which I was quite worried about because of all the bad stories you hear, but to be honest I didn't have any pain other than a bit of soreness the first night, and it was well worth not having to fear a reprisal of the wisdom tooth flare up.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 11, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.