Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byraul)
    broke my arm 4 times, but I think the worst pain is the ear infection. I remember one night walking like a zombie in the house, waiting for my father to get me something for drugstore
    ugh, ear infections. Used to get them all the time, but had gromits which pretty much sorted it and I only get them occasionally now. I remember I used to stuff the duvet in my mouth and scream into it at night so I didn't wake anyone. Nowadays I get pretty bad migraines when stressed that last about 24 hrs, and then the next 24hrs I just feel sick and throw up etc. They are awful.

ReputationRep:
    I have quite a high pain threshold. Think breaking my kneecap was the most painful thing I've experienced. xx

ReputationRep:
    I was using my skateboard as a toboggan back in the 90s and as i turned a corner my middle finger on my left hand went under the wheel and got caught there as i raced down a huge hill, well it ripped my nail off and tore my tendon and also gives it the appreance of a broken finger (never went to doctor) Insult to injury - i'm Left handed :F

ReputationRep:
    i was once shooting rubber bands. and accidentally released it from the other side, it went into my eye

ReputationRep:
    Getting deep heat on my balls.

ReputationRep:
    A fall on concrete while downhilling on bike with no equipment at all. I was lucky, I got away with *just* massive skin damage on left foot, arm and hand.
    I guess I have good reflexes.
    (Oh and 1 month I had to have my skin ripped off each two days for new antibiotics and bandages. It was 1000 worse then the actual fall.)

ReputationRep:
    falling off my bike whilst turning and landing with my groin on top of the handle bar - felt sick for a few hours - as well as that, i've also cracked my head open on a door frame and had stitches and fell into a thorn bush, twice - once on a scooter and once on a bike -.-

ReputationRep:
    Being punched by Chuck Norris

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    Being punched by Chuck Norris
    That joke was pretty painful tbf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    That joke was pretty painful tbf.
    I try me best

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember the worst ever... Picked up a glue gun from the wrong end whilst it was still on once. Glue fused to my skin. Oh smashed my foot into a table by accident. Didn't break anything but bruised awfully and REALLY hurt. I also did this DT competition once against lots of other schools where we had to build and race go karts. We had helmets on luckily but on my race someone behind me clipped my back wheel and the go kart flipped causing my head to scrape along the floor. I think I was in too much shock to feel much but without a helmet I would've broken my neck. O_o

ReputationRep:
    Well, mine doesn't really compare to the rest of yours, but:
    When i was 5 i jumped off a computer chair ( ) And fell and broke my elbow (well the arm bone that joins to the elbow ) My arm was literally hanging off as it was completely broken It was so badly broken that it nearly pierced my skin... Yes, i was a clever child

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxh800)
    Getting deep heat on my balls.
    Oh and I ain't even trolling btw. I had a groin strain which I got whilst overstretching when playing a bit of footie. Deep heat on inner thigh plus baggy shorts = not good.

ReputationRep:
    Dislocated my arm is the worst.

ReputationRep:
    Been pretty lucky with pain - probably worst is dislocating and tearing the muscle/ligaments (never really understood it) around my hip merely by passing a football.

ReputationRep:
    when i was ten i fell backwards into a campfire, the grill over it pretty much brandished me. not only was it really scary, i felt like i was burning for the next 2 days, any position other than standing was agony, so by the time the pain was easing a fortnight later, i was seriously sleep deprived. it was awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Dr Shah)
    This generally sums me up. Worst pain ever has been through very occasional bugs/viruses of the stomach - worst one was something I caught out in India.

I had hallucinations, severe pains, feeling of crapping my guts out - not nice. And I had never had hallucinations before so the idea of a disc on my back growing as it span so sending me crashing upwards through the roof and sky - yeah terrifying and painful in-one

What should have been painful but wasn't?

Getting hit by a 4x4 Honda CRV down-hill at 30 mph. Didn't hurt at all. First I was overwhelmed with shock (I feel that overshadowed any pain) and by the time I was in hospitals - they hooked me up on drugs :P Never felt a thing

In the end I cracked my humerus diagonally and broke apart some shoulder bones - only break ever

Other pains:

Stepping on plugs - damn damn damn that hurts

And From about a metre and a half a plate dropped and the edge cracked down on my toe - the pain was actually horrible but not as sustained as the stomach which is why I don't say it's the worst. But my dear God it hurt - this was about 9 months ago or so now, but I'm still recovering now from it (nail's growth is damaged but getting better).

Hits in the balls - I won't compare to child labour but one of my friends (female ofc) thinks child labour's worse. But, who knows? That's a whole thread on its own!

Edit:

I don't feel I have the right to have posted after reading about some of these experiences !! Sorry people!!

My dad once dropped a swede on my foot. It's surprising how much dropping things on your toes can hurt... Partuclarly heavy vegetables :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philistine)
    Worst physical pain, that is. So what was it?

For me, shattering my ulna a few years ago snowboarding in Austria. Horrifically painful, though being intermittently fed drugs after finally being seen to after a few hours made it tolerable.

May sound a shock to some, though having chronic wind and a side order of food poisoning a couple of years back. I had heard people complain about how painful it was, though always took them to be melodramatics. I hope I never have that again. Between ****ting and puking violently, I thought I was going to give birth. I remember thinking how I'd kill for the pain of that ulna break at certain points...

Let's hear it.
    Tendonitis in two places on the same leg from a sporting inury. Absolute agony, I had to take these painkillers that made me high to avoid me screaming in pain even when ust lying down. Not good.

ReputationRep:
    Probably appendicitis. I just wanted to curl up and die, it had me rolling around on the floor in agony :/
    It was the kind of pain that had an associative sense of doom, I kept asking my mum if I was going to die :rofl: (probably because it felt like I was...)

The after effects of the op were bad too, I couldn't cough or laugh without being in pain.

ReputationRep:
    Tearing the cartilage in my knee

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 11, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.