Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spongle)
    Weirdly, done lots of things that should be 'painful'. To name a few, I've broken my legs and had malaria.

But the worst was when I had the flu (I'd call it man flu, but...) at the end of last year. Felt like I was on death's door, and had to write two essays during it.
    :shock: That's really strange: I had malaria before too! But it was nothing compared to the flu I had at the end of last year around December: I was weak, dizzy, lost my appetite completely; if I tried to eat the food tasted absolutely disgusting! Had difficultly breathing etc...the worst illness I have ever experienced.

Anyway, OP: it would have to be the time when I was younger: I fell from a chair hit a concrete floor with my teeth: it wasn't as painful as one could imagine but just thinking of what happened makes it feel 100X more painful.

Also; banging my small toe or my middle finger on a door frame is perhaps the worst pain ever! It used to happen on the regs with my small toe I was convinced that I have severely damaged it...but about 8 months ago, I banged my middle finger on a door frame and it has been clicking since then: might have fractured it but I have no clue tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bino756)
    My mum has that pretty severely. First time I've seen my mum cry, or should I say scream. You must be pretty young to have it. My mum is 40. Diagnosed when 35. I don't doubt that it is the worst pain.
    your poor mother. Yeh, it's pretty rare to get it over 60 and to have it under 25 (im 21) is pretty much unheard of.

Lifes a b*tch! I hope she's coping ok with it. I was diagnosed with it a month ago and Im kinda scared that it's going to ruin my life, so it's always good to hear stories of people coping with it.

ReputationRep:
    jumping landing with my weight all on my foot bending it past its limits and destroying my ankle it didn't break or anything but damn it was pretty swollen

ReputationRep:
    Jellyfish all over my back when I was 10. I hate jellyfish

ReputationRep:
    Flying off a big spinning raised roundabout thing and breaking my tibia (spiral fracture). Sounds like nothing compared to some of the stuff I'm reading on here but having to have about 6 different casts during a 5 month period of recovery wasn't very pleasant . They even put the wrong cast on in the first place and had to re-do it!

ReputationRep:
    Breaking your leg, jaw, cheek bone and nose in a car crash, funnily enough it dint hurt that much as it was all shock and u dont think its really happening. however falling on your broken leg while on crutches yes that does hurt, damn hospital fills you with morphine while your there, but when your at home no drugs to help you

ReputationRep:
    Completely broke by radius and ulna, my forearm was basically dangling. And I had to walk all the way to the hospital; luckily it was only 5 minutes away though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leahcar)
    I've been lucky enough never to break any bones *frantically searches for wood to touch!*
    The worst pain I've ever experienced was falling down TWO SMALL STEPS and spraining my ankle. Really badly sprained, we thought it was broken and all but it wasn't :o: it swelled up like a balloon and I couldn't put any pressure on it for literally 3 days. I had to go into school in old trainers for weeks because any other shoe i owned either wouldn't fit because of the swelling or made it hut even more.
    I know it's barely scratching the surface of breaking a bone though, but I've never experienced that :o:

Being stood on my a big, chunky horse with shoes on is not the most pleasent experience either, but the ankle was defnitely a worse pain.
    A horse stood on me too It wasn't that big but it was fat, and it's shoe scraped my foot. I still have the scar to this day

ReputationRep:
    Going through a orange safety fence thing at 50/60 kmp/h on skis surprisingly didn't hurt as much as a stomach ache.

ReputationRep:
    When I was in a hall and there was a massive carpet (that covered the whole hall) that was being rolled up by me and about 20 kids. My hand got trapped in it and the kids contined to roll it despite my frantic screaming so it got crushed and bent back and yeah... I can't remember much because I went all dizzy.

Also, period pain. I know, I know. You're all probably like "Grow up", but it was the worst pain I think I've ever experienced. It felt like I was being stabbed in my whole lower back and stomach and the pain was shooting down my legs and everything. It was so painful that I passed out three times during that night.

ReputationRep:
    Gallstones. Ouch.

ReputationRep:
    In times of pain, I would recommend you to go on fmylife.com...it makes you feel much better about your own life

ReputationRep:
    I've fractured my wrist during football but carried on playing which was such a bad choice as I feel to the ground a couple times in tackles. Hurt so much. Another painful experience was pulling a lower back muscle during football but carried on playing on it for a few games and even an all day tournament. By the end of the tournament my back was wrecked and I couldn't do anything without pain. Luckily it was the end of the season but I couldn't do any sort of sport for a year without a sharp pain in my lower back.

In hindsight, I shouldn't play on injuries.

ReputationRep:
    worst soo far...... boiling hot oil spilled onto my hand, literrally cooked my skin, stung like crazy, then.... im not lieing.... i had 1 inch thick blisters since i had kept my hand sokead in a bowl of water, to add isnult to injury my bro threw a piilow at me, and naturally i stuck my hand in the way and one the blisters blew up, it stung like hell once again..... stupid oil

ReputationRep:
    Root canal or having a heavy rounders ball thrown right into my eye

ReputationRep:
    Treading on a Plug

:|

Sounds ridiculous but JEEZ THAT HURTS!

Or having my braces tightened, the most maddening pain I ever experienced, ever. its this dull ache that never goes away and theres no pain releif for it, or at least there wasnt for me. I had these freaky braces that were all weirdly shaped. absolutely excruciating

EDIT: cant believe i forgot about this one -_- I ripped all the ligament on one of my legs at the start of my silver d of e expidition and had to carry on walking on it for the remainder three days. OUCH.

ReputationRep:
    cystitis. Man alive, I remember laying in the fetal position in agony, jealous of the furniture because it has no feeling.

ReputationRep:
    Think there are different types of pain, not sure if they are comparable. Period pain should definitely not be underestimated, roll on the menopause I think that's the most painful pain. Worst instantaneous moment of pain was probably compound fracture of my little toe after running into a chest and my little toe going one way and the rest of my toes the other and them trying to relocate it, that was such a horrible feeling. But the worst pain I've had has been having a messed up ankle for the last four years. Being in constant pain and discomfort gets you down a bit, had about a year maybe with pins and needles all the time which wasn't fun. After my 3rd operation in January for the first time in a long while I'm absolutely pain killer free! It's liberating!

ReputationRep:
    When I was 8 years old and had an appendicitis

ReputationRep:
    When I had a cold, I was travelling back from Hong Kong to London. I had a bad cough, headache and a slight fever, however what I didn't realise is that on return flight home when we were landing I would experience horrendous pain because of the altitude change and it felt like my head was going to explode or something like that.

It was so bad, my parents never seen me cry or seen me in that much pain ever.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 11, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.