Turn on thread page Beta

Worst pain you've experienced? watch

ReputationRep:
    It's far more painful when someone else gets injured than when you do.

ReputationRep:
    Getting a huge tattoo on my ribs. It was worth it though

ReputationRep:
    I cracked my tooth chewing on a really hard food, every time i bite on that tooth i get bone shattering nerve pain as the crack extends all the way down to the nerve.

Worst. Pain. Ever.

ReputationRep:
    Cricket ball hitting my penis at very high speed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BackDoorEntry)
    I cracked my tooth chewing on a really hard food, every time i bite on that tooth i get bone shattering nerve pain as the crack extends all the way down to the nerve.

Worst. Pain. Ever.
    Erm, you might want to see a dentist about that?

ReputationRep:
    During a personal session had a knitting needle inserted into my one eyed snakes one eye.

Then had the rhine remover side of a grater dragged over the head until blood was drawn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Right Guard 3.D)
    A twisted testicle...that and after the operation I had to have. Makes me wince with pain now
    Hey there's some things that noone wants to hear okay? Jeez I'm still wincing and holding my nuts in terror. *shudder*

You must be scarred for life lol

ReputationRep:
    Couple of fractured ribs once. God that hurt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philistine)
    Worst physical pain, that is. So what was it?

For me, shattering my ulna a few years ago snowboarding in Austria. Horrifically painful, though being intermittently fed drugs after finally being seen to after a few hours made it tolerable.

May sound a shock to some, though having chronic wind and a side order of food poisoning a couple of years back. I had heard people complain about how painful it was, though always took them to be melodramatics. I hope I never have that again. Between ****ting and puking violently, I thought I was going to give birth. I remember thinking how I'd kill for the pain of that ulna break at certain points...

Let's hear it.
    Snowboard injury as well, didn't land a jump, hit my head on the ground and was out cold for a minute of two. It was the severe headaches, stiff neck etc that occured after.

I guess the mental pain of being in mid air thinking, ****, this is gonna hurt.lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leahcar)
    I've been lucky enough never to break any bones *frantically searches for wood to touch!*
    The worst pain I've ever experienced was falling down TWO SMALL STEPS and spraining my ankle. Really badly sprained, we thought it was broken and all but it wasn't :o: it swelled up like a balloon and I couldn't put any pressure on it for literally 3 days. I had to go into school in old trainers for weeks because any other shoe i owned either wouldn't fit because of the swelling or made it hut even more.
    I know it's barely scratching the surface of breaking a bone though, but I've never experienced that :o:

Being stood on my a big, chunky horse with shoes on is not the most pleasent experience either, but the ankle was defnitely a worse pain.
    I sprained my ankle a few weeks ago and I literally thought I had broken my foot and that I was going to have a cast etc. I end up getting ibuprofen haha, it is the most painful thing I've ever experienced too, my foot was huuuugeee none of my shoes fit so I wore a massive sock instead... so embarassing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IFondledAGibbon)
    I can't really contribute anything meaningful to this thread. But I do find pain pretty interesting, have you noticed how poor our memories of pain are? I can't imagine what pain feels like until I experience it.
    This is why women have children more than once, apparently. They forget the pain of childbirth.

Idk what my worst pain is, probably period pain which can be awful but only lasts a few hours at a time thankfully.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IGregg)
    Erm, you might want to see a dentist about that?
    Lol, I have. They said its not worth doing anything with it now.. so i guess I gotta live with it for a while.

ReputationRep:

Worst. Pain. Ever.
    Luckily, in a few years you can self-treat?

_Kar.

ReputationRep:
    I had a panic attack in December. I'd never had one before. It literally felt like my head was about to explode. I fell off my bed and collapsed on the floor. I started having convulsions and I remember saying over and over 'I'm going to die, I'm going to die'. It was awful.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I have. They said its not worth doing anything with it now.. so i guess I gotta live with it for a while.
    I am no dentist, but if it's causing you that much trouble then why not just have it out? Or would it be visible when you open your mouth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rock)
    Cricket ball hitting my penis at very high speed.
    Cricket ball hitting my adam's apple at very high speed, causing me to backwards somersault off the trampoline in mid jump.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
    Losing 199-200 on a COD4 domination.
    Been there, pretty painful indeed.

ReputationRep:
    breaking both bones in my arm at once, thank god for gas and air to cure the pain!

ReputationRep:
    I've been lucky and never had any serious injury, so the worst pain I can think is cramp in the calf, seems quite tame but agony when it happens

ReputationRep:
    Probably a tattoo. I tend to forget as soon as it's happened though so cannot be sure...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 11, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.