Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Worst pain you've experienced? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Splinter under my fingernail wasn't much fun. Nor was getting a cap gun round stuck in my ear and having it hoovered out with a miniature vacuum cleaner. Even my injuries are pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    Dysmenorrhea is probably the worst for me. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TattyBoJangles)
    x.
    Injury prone much?

ReputationRep:
    After I had my wisdom teeth out and the anesthetic had worn off... I was eating lukewarm soup for 5days and was in sheer agony.

ReputationRep:
    I've just realised that i probably had an untreated cyst or infection or something around Christmas time, which is a bit ****ing stupid on my behalf.

It was boxing day and i was on the net at night and my stomach just went into an excrutiating pain, i was banging my head on the sofa and crying my eyes out for hours, but i just assumed that it was because i'd eaten too much chocolate or something. The knowledge that the pain wont go, as the pain is being felt just makes it a lot worse but still, toothache is my no 1 of all time.

ReputationRep:
    Bladder Infection, God, Never again, please.

ReputationRep:
    man got stabbed up down the throat last week

ReputationRep:
    Running into a metal slide door, head first, I still have a Harry Potter scar

ReputationRep:
    I have broken 6 bones in total and out of them the most painful was my right leg, it was a spiral fracture that was about 3 inches from the bottom of the fracture up to the top.

So like this really but it was my tibia and not my femur,
    http://www.anatomyatlases.org/firsta...lfracture2.jpg

I was ice skating when I was 10 on a school trip to Colomendy and I fell but fell awkwardly so my boot stayed up right a bit longer than the rest of me so the top of the boot dug into my leg and snapped it. The bas of the fracture was where the boot was and the it went up my shin.
    It was absolute agony and the doctors kept debating whether or not to operate. Once I was in the hospital and on some morphine I was fine but as soon as it wore off I would be screaming again.
    I was in a cast for a total of 13 weeks, full leg cast for 7 weeks and a half cast for 6 weeks. At the end of the 13 weeks they talked about operating but decided not to. It still causes me a lot of pain now but apparently there is nothing they can do.

Out of my other breaks my collar bone was a bad one but I was only 4 so I don't remember how painful it was. I broke both wrists at the same time so that hurt because it was both of them but once they were in casts it was more annoying than painful. My right elbow was quite painful and then my left elbow was fine, it hurt but compared to the rest it was fine.

If I had to rank the breaks in order of pain it would be
    1. Leg
    2. Right arm
    3. Both wrists
    4. Left arm

and then I can't remember my collar bone so I can't count it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bino756)
    I did the same to my ankle. Tripped up a grass verge while running for a bus lol. Foot and leg was huge. Hospital thought it was broken and because of all the ligament and tendon damage they weren't sure whether to put it in a cast. I had to buy a new pair of shoes. I am a size 6.5 - 7. These were size 9. Really painful to put any weight on for about a week. Every bump in the car was agony, and even having a blanket touch it was painful. Problem was, had a politics trip to london, a day later and on crutches that wasn't particularly fun. I underestimated the amount of steps there were in the train stations. It was OK until I finally got back to Liverpool street and at the top of my last flight of stairs for the day, my arms just gave up and I fell. It was pretty funny. Not sure if it's the worst pain I have experienced though. I can't really remember, but that one definitely springs to mind. I managed to hit my arm so hard against a door, by accident, that I wasn't been able to move it for a few days. The hitting itself wasn't that bad, it was the pain afterwards. I could put pressure on my arm, just couldn't bend any of my joints. Dunno, what that was, but there was a pretty impressive bruise. Not sure which was more painful.

I don't know if that is the worst pain
    Mine's still not 100% even today, like almost 2 years later :eek2: lol!
    I hurt it again though, a few weeks ago it was my birthday (10th of May to be precise ) and we went out to celebrate. I got completely smashed and long story short, when I came home I changed into my pumps and managed to go over on my ankle while walking out my kitchen door :lol: I had been staggering about all night in killer heels, and I managed to bust my ankle on f%!king flats!!!! Grr. It hurt sooo badly the next morning, it was a quare crack but I'm convinced it wouldn't have been as bad if it had been my good ankle lol!

ReputationRep:
    Broken wrist.

Although I wouldn't like to break my kneecap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abir Ishtiaq)
    When I was circumcised at 11....damn it hurt. The part where they pulled the foreskin itself didn't hurt...i literaly felt nothing when they pulled it off. But the part when they were stiching everything up hurt SO BAD.
    Horrific. I had a partial circumcision when I was about two, apparently. I didn't even know until a few months ago!

ReputationRep:
    Worst physical pain I ever had probably came from one of my lower back teeth breaking some years ago, the initial break was painful, but I believe I exposed some kind of nerve. I remember very vividly incredibly bouts of pain that came in 30-60 minute relays, where I'd be in so much pain I was paralyzed, sweating and each time it ended I pretty much passed out from exhaustion! Don't want that again.

ReputationRep:
    I once had a benign tumor removed from the bone between my shoulder and my neck. I got two surgeries within three weeks of each other, and when I woke up both times I couldn't move and kept screaming in pain, but they forced me to walk so I would get used to the pain. Sadly they had to send me home same-day from the hospital both times, since they couldn't keep me overnight, and each time the chemicals they put into me made me very nauseous so my parents had to drive extremely slowly. It was terrible. *shudder*

ReputationRep:
    big third degree burn on my arm. pulling at the scab, which had several nerves attached to them. cutting through those nerves with blunt scissors.

ReputationRep:
    menstrual cramps - i've passed out before 'cause the pain was so intense

ReputationRep:
    i have two and they both happened to my right foot

the first happened a few years ago and i was moving a table and stupidly pulled it over my foot, and in doing so scrapped all the skin of the end of my big toe and pulled half the nail up. i then had to walk alf an hour home as well which didn't help

the second was about 2 weeks ago bout two hours before i was due to go out in heels, which was great timing, but anyway i kinda stubbed my second from the right toe twice on the end of a metal pole, excruciatingly painful, i convinced myself i ad broken it, i couldn't move for ages and to make matters worse it swelled up and i couldn't walk without pain shooting through my toe and foot, i had to tape it to the toe next to it and spent ages with ice on it, trying to get the swelling so i could get my shoe on needless to say my toe is still a nice purplelygreen colour and still causes me pain sometimes:/

never actually broken a bone though which is quite lucky

EDIT:i remembered some others, not as bad though

i've stood on plugs a fair amount of times, ripped the skin of arch bit of foot a few weeks ago, i've also fallen over and sat on plug once which actually quite funny but i ended up with a plug shaped bruise on my arse

i also dropped a knife on my middle toe on my left foot once, wasn't actually that bad, just got a nice scar now

ReputationRep:
    I have 2.

Slipping a disc in my back whilst dancing and then being made to carry on.

Tattoo on my ribs. Pure pain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philistine)
    I just researched it, and holy hell...

'The pain of cluster headaches is markedly greater than in other headache conditions, including severe migraines; experts have suggested that it may be the most painful condition known to medical science.'

I count my lucky stars that I'm not a sufferer.
    I just read the wiki page aswell :eek:

ReputationRep:
    broke my leg in a rugby match, **** hurt so much D:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 11, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.