Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Having CRPS for me has to be the worst ever pain i've experienced

Constant, never-ending agony, not fun at all.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MonkeyMonger)
    If you are in agony then it is. It is your choice, not theirs. Get it out then get a false tooth, or get a crown put on (if that is an option, cant tell).
    I can live with it as long as i don't put more than a certain amount of pressure on that tooth, the crack is microscopically thin but extends down to the nerve.

(Original post by IGregg)
    I am no dentist, but if it's causing you that much trouble then why not just have it out? Or would it be visible when you open your mouth?
    Its not visible no, it even took my dentist close to half an hour to actually detect it :P

(Original post by Kareir)
    Luckily, in a few years you can self-treat?

_Kar.
    Wahey!! hopefully if i meet the conditions yeah would be kinda hard doing a root canal on myself though lol!

ReputationRep:
    When I had appendicitis I passed out from the pain on the way to the hospital... Apparently my face was green?!

Second worst was tonsillitis, and I've broken my collar bone. I spent days without sleep because of tonsillitis, I was getting through at least a pack of ibuprofen a day.

ReputationRep:
    I think I've pretty lucky to be honest. I think my worst pain I have ever experienced would be a really nasty stomach cramp after eating something I obviously didn't agree with. I ended up fainting while I was being sick due to the pain. That was compounded by falling back and hitting my head on a radiator in the bathroom.

ReputationRep:
    Toothache, the nerves under tooth were exposed.
    I couldnt eat, sleep or LIVE
    I had 2 sleepless nights. If I drink water, either too hot or too cold it effing killed my tooth.

ReputationRep:
    Food poisoning.
    The worst night of my life!

ReputationRep:
    Playing cricket with a proper cricket ball (not a tennis ball) and being hit in the balls by a fast bowler. My days I still can remember how I fell to the ground and couldn't move for hours.

ReputationRep:
    Had an operation to extend my left leg when I was 13 - they put me under general anesthesia and severed the bone, drilling metal bars into the bone on either side.

Once a day for a month, we had to twist a screwdriver mechanism to push the (severed) bones apart a millimetre. Despite occasionally being dosed on painkillers, the apprehension of daily, scheduled pain is a terrible experience.

ReputationRep:
    1) having all 4 widsom teeth removed..... in one sitting.

2) having my foot crushed/run over by a cyclist when walking on the pavement......cue bone breakage.

3) mashed up my shoulder during a tennis match. i was comfortably winning it until the injury came....... from then on i ended up losing pretty much every single point, and consequently the match..... and yes i did cry - i was representing my school, maaan

ReputationRep:
    When the top of a chair practically went up my backside.

Don't even ask.

ReputationRep:
    My mate put an axe in his foot at the weekend.

That must have hurt a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Getting Jellyfish tentacles wrapped around my neck and back it was pretty painful afterwards!

ReputationRep:
    Probably having stiches when I was 6 :/

ReputationRep:
    A paper cut.

Frikkin killed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasidb)
    I had an intense muscle cramp in my leg.
    And yeah, usually they go away after a few seconds or so but this was there for a few minutes.
    And it wasn't just a normal cramp.
    It was an amazingly painful one.
    It was as if someone just ripped out my leg muscle or as if they just got a hold of it and twisted it multiple times.
    I tried to move my leg about so that the cramp would go away but it didn't make a difference.
    Eventually I kept my leg still and the pain gradually died away.
    I then attempted to slowly get up but I couldn't actually stand on that leg, so I had to limp.
    But that limp was only for a few minutes - I could walk after that, as if all that pain never happened.

What a rip off.
    Oh my days! £EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED TO ME, i was screaming in pain, worse than being stabbed!

Clitoral-labial cyst.

Away to get it lanced under LA in a few weeks.

Enough said.

ReputationRep:
    This one might sound comical but I've heard from a friend who was getting a blowjob by this hooker that she sundenly got clenched jaw syndrome and bit his **** really hard for about 15 seconds while he was screaming in pain. He had to get treatment and he still has to point ointment on even today(was 1 year ago).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spongle)
    Weirdly, done lots of things that should be 'painful'. To name a few, I've broken my legs and had malaria.

But the worst was when I had the flu (I'd call it man flu, but...) at the end of last year. Felt like I was on death's door, and had to write two essays during it.
    . . .having had malaria a few times (really not trying to brag)
    I don't agree that its a 'painful' experience, you feel weak and heavy etc. but its hardly a painful experience. Same goes for flu. . .

ReputationRep:
    Giving birth, that is some seriously painful ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mismatched_dollie_pepper)
    . . .having had malaria a few times (really not trying to brag)
    I don't agree that its a 'painful' experience, you feel weak and heavy etc. but its hardly a painful experience. Same goes for flu. . .
    Weird, I got excruciating headaches with both of them. Should have really specified, because I think without the headaches they'd have been.. well, not alright.. but more manageable.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 11, 2012
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.