The Student Room Group

Worst pain you've experienced?

Scroll to see replies

I was playing bowling and then our game ended. So, I thought it would be a good idea to be badass and throw a bowl down the closed lane. I did, thought I had broke the machine as the bowls had stopped back up the track thing. I stuck my hand in the machine, it came back on and BAM! start screaming for help. Bad thing was they had to manually shut it, so it took ages. So yeah, never stick your hand in a bowling machine :smile:
Heart break.
Original post by MonkeyMonger
Doctors trying to my arm back into its socket for 5 hours...

During this time one doctor thought it was back in place, lifted the arm up to test mobility but it was in a different place. It felt like he was trying to snap my collar bone in half using my arm, which also felt like it was about to break.

There was lots of other stuff happening, but thanks to the drugs I dont remember much! But yeah... Of what I do remember, those 5 hours sucked.

Worst part was is that it was for nothing! They put me to sleep in the end with general anesthetic so they could be as rough as they wanted.

EDIT: Oh and there was a time while I was in Italy and the arm fell out of its socket then. I fell off a bed backwards and it popped out, which meant I wasnt able to walk or get up. In England this wouldn't be a problem as paramedics are trained and give you the gas, however Italian paramedics are not trained...

They flung me around, caught my arm on walls, took me on a bumpy 1 hour ambulance ride then I was sitting in hospital for a good 4 hours waiting to have the arm put back in place.

Wow how bad was the original dislocation? A nurse managed to put mine back in in about 10 minutes with my dislocation, didn't really hurt much either. I guess it must vary a lot.
Original post by Antonia87
Its tough between these three -

1. Getting attacked by a dog, which ripped chunks of skin from my groin and inner thigh.

2. Getting glassed in the face.

3. Having two bulging discs in my neck, right beneath my skull.

All unbearably painful.

yikes :eek:

props to you for even being here to tell the tale! x
Original post by Nichrome
Wow how bad was the original dislocation? A nurse managed to put mine back in in about 10 minutes with my dislocation, didn't really hurt much either. I guess it must vary a lot.

A dislocation in January took about 30 mins to put back in place. They tried by wearing the muscle out (with a 2 kg bag...) and when that didnt work, the nurses did it manually and everything was fine.

Then in February (4 days before an operation to fix it), it popped out again. Apparently it was the same kind of dislocation as then January one, however it was further away from the socket.

When my surgeon heard the story (he was private) he laughed and said due to how open my shoulder had become due to the dislocations it should have been easy to put in. I think it was just incompetent doctors, not a severe injury...
Original post by spongle
Weird, I got excruciating headaches with both of them. Should have really specified, because I think without the headaches they'd have been.. well, not alright.. but more manageable. :colondollar:

lol i'm not the 'poster girl' for malaria or anything :tongue: (aha) but i remember feeling like B]death basically-i exgagerate-but just really weak and sleepy... did you get treatment in the u.K or abroad? just out of curiosity...
Almost unbearable - and to this day, unexplained - stomach pains, from which I passed out and vomited a few times. I've never had anything like it since either, and I'm a massive hypochondriac who freaks out when I have a headache so I would have noticed.
Also I've had a bad back for about 6 years, but it doesn't trouble me as much as it used to.
i had some bad hospital experiences in my childhood.
though i must say the worst pain i ever felt several time was when i hit an edge with my foot and the little fingers goes across it.
It makes me heavily swear!
Original post by Anonymous
Clitoral-labial cyst.

Away to get it lanced under LA in a few weeks.

Enough said.

Jesus ****ing Christ :indiff:
I got shot in my left buttcheek. Excruciating.
Firstly,I fell head first off a 6 foot wall and landed on my shoulder...omg ouch, dont think I broke anything but i coudnt use my arm, without severe pain, for months after, was about a year until it was completely right.

secondly, injured my back which was pretty sore, but then months later, out of the blue, developed siatica. Couldnt move without shooting pains up and down my legs and back, sat bolt upright on a dining room chair and dosed myself up on painkillers for a few days until it got a bit better. eventually needed physio to completely cure it, still have back pain but no sciatica thankfully!
Original post by ScarletMoon

Original post by ScarletMoon
I got shot in my left buttcheek. Excruciating.

how? (if you dont mind me asking)
Reply 112
I made myself Horlicks with near boiling milk, I then proceeded to leave the kitchen and upon doing so, slipped, and poured the contents of the molten malty beverage onto my foot.

Burning...blistering...explosion. Needless to say, ouch.
Getting both my jaws broken.
depression.. it's funny because it's not physical pain, but it honestly, really, really hurts.
Original post by hazelsaurus

Original post by hazelsaurus
depression.. it's funny because it's not physical pain, but it honestly, really, really hurts.

that is very very true
Reply 116
Passing a stuck gallstone through my bile duct! Absolutely horrific! Some have said it's worse than labour!
Reply 117
Anal sex
i was circumcised without anesthetic. the doctor just ripped my foreskin off while i was held down.
Reply 119
Original post by Mismatched_dollie_pepper
lol i'm not the 'poster girl' for malaria or anything :tongue: (aha) but i remember feeling like B]death basically-i exgagerate-but just really weak and sleepy... did you get treatment in the u.K or abroad? just out of curiosity...

Heheh, I don't remember much tbh. I just felt a bit dizzy one day and told me mum, she kept me off school and I went to sleep. Later I woke up and decided I was ok, so had a Mars Bar. My tummy seemed to disagree... :puke:

But yeah, this was when I was living in Ghana, so I just started taking chloroquine(?) and it was fine. How about you? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending