Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impossible!)
    :afraid:
    I agree no coil for me ever :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I've been lucky enough to not experiance anything life threating but I was always fracturing or dislocating bones when I was younger.

Oh and once when I had some sort of infection I had to be pushed around in a wheel chair...never again please :no:

ReputationRep:
    When I had food poisoning, I thought I was gonna die there and then :/

ReputationRep:
    I had tonsillitis when i was little. As i recall, the pain was unbearable.

ReputationRep:
    In school, there were some lads kicking a coin along the ground. I was bent down at my locker and got hit in the back of the head with the coin. Ouch! I felt dizzy with the pain, tried to act like nothing was wrong and power walked to the bathrooms to cry. By the time I got there though, I didn't want to cry, was just that few seconds of immense pain

ReputationRep:
    Can't say for sure, compared to alot of people on here all of my injuries and illnesses have been minor. My most recent serious pain though was a wasp somehow got inside my jumper and proceeded to sting me multiple times while i desperately tried to figure out what the **** was going on :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Erm, period pains. No, no, I'm not just weak, I only have very bad period pains.
    Rowing hard till I can't feel my body and start coughing blood, breaking my ankle or the massive headaches I get for two weeks straight just don't compare. That stupid pain that makes me vomit half of the time is just far worse than anything.

ReputationRep:
    A few years ago I was woken by unbearable chest pains (let's just say that I feel I can sympathise with John Hurt in Alien). I went to hopsital and had various tests/ scans done and was told that something was wrong... only they weren't sure what. It was looking like I'd have to have an operation, though they decided against it when the pain subsided about 8 hours later. I left later that day and walked home in my pyjamas :laugh:

Honourable mention: a friend of a friend cut his own finger off while drunk.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really remember... I accidentally smashed my foot into a table when I stood up once and that was really painful. My foot turned various shades of black, blue and green for the next week or two...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thru sun and rain)
    how? (if you dont mind me asking)
    Was playing COD!

ReputationRep:
    Cracked the cartilage lining along my ribs. I was on these painkillers and strong anti-inflammatory pills for ages. :emo:

This was all from coughing lol. I moved and heard a really big crack. I thought I'd broken a rib somehow but apparently not. It even hurt to breath.

ReputationRep:
    Listening to Rebecca Balck's 'Friday'.

ReputationRep:
    Never broken anything, but this was pretty damn bad. I was playing football - Yes girls can do that too - and got kicked on the ankle by a stupid Yr 7 who didn't get anywhere near the ball but absolutely thumped the hell out of me. Wasn't wearing shin pads cos it was only training.

Anyway, ended up bursting blood vessels in the lower half of my leg, so the blood ran out into a cavity between my bones and skin, causing swelling, discoloration (it went kind of purple and its still like it) and intense pain. It was the instant feeling of crap that hurts. I could feel it pulsing and swelling as it went. That was followed by absolutely massive pain for a good while, folllowed by slight subsidence but I couldn't really walk on it.

My lower leg had already started to swell, I was on the floor for ages, but then rather stupidly got up and carried on one legged, staying mainly stationary By the time I got home, it was double size.

Anyway it was barely walkable on for a good 2 weeks, and the swelling stayed for about a week, then after that had gone I went to play football again and another girl brushed my leg just slightly and I literally collapsed in pain it was searing, throbbing horrifying pain which lasted a good few hours this time.

It still hurts now, 3 years later, especially in winter. I went for an x-ray a year ago because I thought I'd fractured it but it turns out its something called a sub-periostal haemotoma and the blood that's leaked out gets slowly reabsorbed into the vessels, leaving behind a calciferous lump of essentially 'extra bone' so I have a feelable lump on my leg now.

So the pain should start to subside now, but it flares up intermittently and the skin is still purple. Its not good!

ReputationRep:
    when i was playing basketball back in school, i was going for the shot so i ran/dribbled quite fast with it, then from what i was told i tripped over and then i smashed myself into two stacks of wooden benches. quite funny though, from what i can remember when the ambulance came the paramedic was checking me over, using his hands and that on my chest to make sure nothing was out of place or broke i guess, he started on the side and moved up to the top (i've got this strange bone that sticks out in my chest); he put his hands over that and went "OH ****" but i was like dont worry i've always had it, and he was like are you sure etc :L

but yeah, hospital, usual stuff, that bloody hurt!

ReputationRep:
    Infected wisdom tooth. Unbelievably painful. Came on suddenly during the night before my uni admissions exam, which I had to sit through fully laden with painkillers before an emergency trip to the dentist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mackemforever)
    Bloody hell, how did he manage to do that?

On a different note, firm Lancaster, its brilliant!
    Chopping wood > axe slipped > into his foot :rolleyes:

And yeah Trying to decide on a college at the moment!

ReputationRep:
    smashing head first into the pavement

ReputationRep:
    After breaking 37 bones in biking; I found the WORST pain I've ever been in was tearing the muscles between my ribs. Never, ever have I felt pain like that. Literally wanted to curl up and die, it was just that bad.

I hope I never do that again.

ReputationRep:
    4 Molars pulled out one after the other, nevermind the 6 injections before that. Just herendous.

ReputationRep:
    Really bad period pain

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 11, 2012
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.