The Student Room Group

Tricky Chemistry Question

Hello folks, would love it if you alchemists could help me go about this question:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0.620g of a compound gave 1.760g of carbon dioxide and 0.42g of water on combustion.

0.232g of the same compound gave 27cm^3 of nitrogen at s.t.p

Work out the structure of the compound.

1 mol nitrogen = 22.4 dm^3
Realative atomic mass of compound = 93g

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance
Original post by TheSingingMute
Hello folks, would love it if you alchemists could help me go about this question:

0.620g of a compound gave 1.760g of carbon dioxide and 0.42g of water on combustion.

Thanks in advance

1. Work out moles of CO2 = moles of carbon
2. Work out moles of water = moles of hydrogen/2
3. Work out moles of nitrogen

Put together simplest ratio
Original post by TheSingingMute

Thanks in advance

alchemists! (if only...)

Quick Reply

Latest