Turn on thread page Beta

if an immigrant discovered a cure for cancer but was a very bad person.... watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok this a hypothetical I thought of.

Lets say this guy murdered and raped so basically think of the worse crimes you can and he did it. He discovered the cure for cancer and brought it to the UK with him. He said he will give it to the uk in exchange for a pardon for his crimes and being able to stay here. Which would you offer him:

A) exactly what he wants
    B) Offer him what he wants but he has to give the cure to the NHS for free
    C) Offer him what he wants but he has to give the cure to the NHS at a caped price
    D) Say he can stay but has to go to prison for the crimes
    E) send him straight back to his own contry
    F) other (please explain)

so what would you do

ReputationRep:
    execute him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    execute him
    before or after getting the cure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mewtwo)

Lets say this guy murdered, raped and was a dictator alot of people so basically think of the worse crimes you can and he did it. He discovered the cure for cancer and brought it to the UK with him. He said he will give it to the uk in exchange for a pardon for his crimes and being able to stay here. Which would you offer him:

A) exactly what he wants
    C) Offer him what he wants but he has to give the cure to the NHS at a caped price

so what would you do
    Wow... comparing being a dictator to a rapist/murderer is a bit harsh, no?

And I'd give him what he wants... A cure for cancer would be worth risking a rapist/murderer on the streets, in my opinion.
    A few of my family members have died of cancer, and it's not very nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C_B_C)
    Wow... comparing being a dictator to a rapist/murderer is a bit harsh, no?

And I'd give him what he wants... A cure for cancer would be worth risking a rapist/murderer on the streets, in my opinion.
    A few of my family members have died of cancer, and it's not very nice.
    well im saying he did all 3 and I just pulled some words off the news that seems to get negitive press so ill remove that, thanks

ReputationRep:
    I don't see how hypothetically performing a sexual act on my father, whilst my mother was hypothetically having things done to her by a gorilla, would save her life.

you don't understand, they said that she'd get pumped by gorrilas then thrown into a volcano as we watched on. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO,. I AM GOING MAD. HELP ME

ReputationRep:

Lets say this guy murdered and raped so basically think of the worse crimes you can and he did it. He discovered the cure for cancer and brought it to the UK with him. He said he will give it to the uk in exchange for a pardon for his crimes and being able to stay here. Which would you offer him:

A) exactly what he wants

so what would you do
    A or B. He would save far more lives than he had taken or ruined.

ReputationRep:
    I would want the cure to cancer no matter what. It's not nice watching loved ones stuggle with it. Albeit he may have have killed others but the cure to cancer will save more lives than he has taken away.

ReputationRep:
    (According to wikipedia) 7.6 million people die of cancer a year. He'd have to have done far worse than the things you've listed for it not to be worthwhile pardoning him in exchange for the cure (if it was actually a cure obviously - I'm not sure that such a treatment is even physically possible).

Plus by taking a stand and not letting him in, it isn't going to suddenly bring everyone he's killed back to life. Either way they are dead. You'd have to be pretty stupid not to pardon them in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    What a bizarre question.

Given the options, I'd pick B)

A) exactly what he wants

so what would you do
    Like I'd believe this ****er. How do we know he cured cancer? Otherwise any person could say that.

Imo he should get treated like any other immigrant gets treated:

Legal - go to prison.
    Illegal - deportation.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really understand the question as if he gives you the name of the cure first then what's to stop his fate from being prison for the crimes he committed?
    Forgive me for being idiotic :rolleyes:

However if its a case of a few innocent lives versus... Many dying of cancer... Then most rational people would pick the cancer cure I'd say...

ReputationRep:
    Other:

Take the cure, assassinate.

ReputationRep:

A) exactly what he wants

so what would you do
    Other: get the cure, test / examine it thoroughly, and if it works, get the guy to give it to the NHS for free, and then let him go to prison, for 15 years or so (not a life sentence)

It would help a lot with this economic crisis / public sector spending cuts

ReputationRep:
    Could you just not lie to him?
    Say you'd give him a pardon, but then when it comes to it lock him up for life?

ReputationRep:
    im guessing you did this?

ReputationRep:
    well im saying he did all 3 and I just pulled some words off the news that seems to get negitive press so ill remove that, thanks
    No no, I understand. But I don´t think that being a dictator has anything to do with evil... apart from a recent historical trend of corrupt, power-obsessed *******s.

See... I´m not much of a fan of democracy. :bandit:

ReputationRep:
    torture him til he told me the cure
    test to make sure it was right cure then kill him

ReputationRep:
    Its not a difficult question the way you phrased it - i mean you give us as the public everything we want. We get the cure and kill him in the end

harder would be he gets total immunity but we get the cure - would i take that? yes. cancer WILL kill at least one person you know, probably many more, it might even kill you - if you cure cancer, its a much bigger deal than any one person whats the point in being stubborn with him at the expense of humanity

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.