Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I intend, if grades permit, to go to university in october this year, and am quite certain I'd rather go without a student loan given the murky policy changes that seem to be happening all the time on the issue.

Is there anything that I need to do in order to pay university fees without a loan?

ReputationRep:
    find £3335 for a start.

ReputationRep:
    Yes beside that.

ReputationRep:
    Just don't apply for financial support.

ReputationRep:
    you may be asked to prove you are entitled to pay home fees.

ReputationRep:
    Er....just pay for everything independent of financial support? :lolwut:.....not sure what you are asking tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Will I have to apply for or fill out anything student-finance wise prior to going to university? A few of my friends are frantically doing that and it makes me nervous.

ReputationRep:
    This is stupid, student finance is the cheapest loan you'll ever come across in your life so why not take advantage of it rather than forking out your own money to pay for education.

It really pisses me of when people say ''ohh you gonna graduate with 30,000pounds of debt'' so what? You only pay back a small percent of what you are actually earning after graduting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mellete)
    Will I have to apply for or fill out anything student-finance wise prior to going to university? A few of my friends are frantically doing that and it makes me nervous.
    yes, you will be required to prove you are entitled to pay reduced home fees. You fill in a form and the university decide what your fee status is and then bill you either as a home student or international.

ReputationRep:
    There isn't really any other way, unless you already have the money saved up or your parents are willing to pay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mellete)
    Yes beside that.
    You lucky bugger.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.