Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Things that didn't hurt as much as you expected watch

ReputationRep:
    Pretending that scaffolding in school were monkey bars, and swinging off them (stupid i know) which led to me then falling from quite high up onto my back, everyone was ridiculously worried about me but I just got up and carried on walking
    Oh the stupidities of year 9, looking back, it was so stupid, could have really hurt myself!

ReputationRep:
    Getting my ears pierced. I didn't do it until I was 17 because I was such a wimp! haha

ReputationRep:
    Dislocating my pinky. I could go through it again with a smile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlemissm)
    Inspired by this thread.

For me, it would probably be my tatoo, thought it would be the worst pain ever but wasn't actually too bad. What are yours?
    Same here - funnily enough, i'm now addicted to the pain :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Falling out of a tree.

Saw my life flash before my eyes and everything but was swiftly saved by landing straddle on a sturdy lower branch.

Hmm, not sure this really counts.

(And giving blood!!)

ReputationRep:
    sex, peircings, falling over and i hope tattoos dont cause i haven't got my first yet!! and i really want one x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tally DeBenedictis)
    haha yeah silly beasts but you gotta love em!

oo where you off too?
    I think it's because I lived in Cyprus and because it's so hot there they have to keep all their meds and stuff in a fridge and it always hurts more when they're cold
    xx
    Lol.
    I'm going to India, your post reminded me and I just walked down to my GP lol..
    Oh okay, I hope so xD.

ReputationRep:
    Getting punched right at the side of my head. Was pretty hammered so that might have numbed the pain.

ReputationRep:
    Piercings and injections. Actually quite enjoyable.

Yes I am the world's biggest freak =]

ReputationRep:
    I got hit in the face with a cricket bat by my brother - didn't feel it

ReputationRep:
    I think the most common is injections

I was going to say something else but forgotton now :sigh: hate it when this happens I will not rest till I remember again :mad:

Edit- Just remembered waxing :teehee: nothing major but still

ReputationRep:
    My tattoo (: I was expecting something much worse.

ReputationRep:
    The day after my first work out last week lol

Also, my mother slammed the car boot on my head once. It came down with a fair force as well but it really wasn't sore. I was standing there waiting to feel pain but nothing, not sure why.

ReputationRep:
    Getting my ribs tattooed, after what everyone had said I thought I was going to literally cry - but it really wasn't that bad.
    And bikini/brazilian wax, again, loads of girls were saying it was a 9/10 on the pain scale..... it really, really isn't.

ReputationRep:
    Being knocked out with a golf club. When i woke up i was able to just get up and walk off with little fuss

ReputationRep:
    my boyfriend giving me a back rub... he can be abit rough at times.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    My TB injection in Year 9. Half the year including myself were absolutely ****ting ourselves with worry, all the people from the year above kept teasing us saying it would be really painful etc. As it turned out, it was little more than a prick on my arm..

Getting punched in the face wasn't as painful as i imagined it to be either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bowman.Hath)
    Getting kicked in the head
    HAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHHAH HAHAHAHAHA LOOOLHHPYKHHJJ Spaz attack haha, +rep tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Blood tests.
    Stapling my fingers.
    The whacks on the head that lead to concussion.
    Flying over the handlebars of my bike.

ReputationRep:
    Breaking my legs, breaking arms, breaking ribs and breaking a pelvis.

Tearing the muscles between my ribs, however, hurt more then the four above put together.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.