Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I just want to ask the experience here of what would happen to me in this situation. Basically, I got an offer in technology division from an IB. I accepted the offer and also submitted the online employee screening form. For the employment history part, I entered my internship period with the previous employer. However, after that, I checked again with my previous employer and the record that they keep is 10 days later than what I entered in the form. The reason is that I started earlier than the date I signed the contract (10 days later than when I started). Now they need to contact the human resources department to verify what I entered in the screening form. I have contacted my mentor during this internship period and explained the situation and he said he will contact the human resources department to support my case but it would be hard.
    I also contacted the human resources department at the IB but they have not replied yet. However, the declaration I signed with them states that "the information I have given is to the best of my knowledge". And at the time I submitted the screening form, I had no knowledge of the record in my previous employer. So I hope I did not break any terms and conditions of the offer. This offer is very important because I have rejected all the offers I have to choose this. Anyone has experience with this situation ? what will happen ?

Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.