Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am interested in New Zealand.
    There are many beautiful scenes.
    But I never went to the country.
    As a result, I wonder which spot you will recommand.
    The more, the better =)
    Please give me your favorite spot and tell me what distinguishing feature the place is.
    Thank you a lot

ReputationRep:
    Queenstown, Wanaka, Whakapapa, Christchurch... I want to head out this summer, got a job interview lined up on a ski resort.

Apparently north island is pretty nice as well.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhh, so much of New Zealand is beautiful so it's difficult to narrow it down. But for me -

North Island - Coromandel Peninsula (where i lived during my gap year), Bay of Islands, Bay of Plenty (esp Mount Maunganui, Whakatane, Opito), West coast Auckland beaches such as Piha, Mount Taranaki.

South Island - Marlborough Sounds, Abel Tasman National Park, Golden Bay, Queenstown & Wanaka, Paradise & Glenochy, Manapouri and the Sounds, Kaikoura, the Catlins and the Banks Peninsula.

Too many places!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestofyou)
    Queenstown, Wanaka, Whakapapa, Christchurch... I want to head out this summer, got a job interview lined up on a ski resort.

Apparently north island is pretty nice as well.
    Thank for your share

And I wonder these places, Queenstown, Wanaka, Whakapapa, Christchurch, have theirs features?
    Do you get a job in New Zealand??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemini89)
    Ahhhh, so much of New Zealand is beautiful so it's difficult to narrow it down. But for me -

North Island - Coromandel Peninsula (where i lived during my gap year), Bay of Islands, Bay of Plenty (esp Mount Maunganui, Whakatane, Opito), West coast Auckland beaches such as Piha, Mount Taranaki.

South Island - Marlborough Sounds, Abel Tasman National Park, Golden Bay, Queenstown & Wanaka, Paradise & Glenochy, Manapouri and the Sounds, Kaikoura, the Catlins and the Banks Peninsula.

Too many places!!
    Thank for your thoughts
    Because I never went to there, can you explain more details about these places you recommend?
    And if there are special activities in New Zealand?
    Is the milk of New Zealand great?
    Because I like milk very much

ReputationRep:
    Don't go to Rotorua. Geysers and stuff are cool and all, but the smell is overpowering. :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    Very beautiful place. Banks peninsula, Fiordland, West Coast were my faves. Special activities... think of any extreme sport and they do it.

As for milk, well there are no cows on New Zealand unfortunately - the Maori ate them all in the 15th century in one big barbecue - but kiwi milk makes an acceptable substitute. In fact if you're really lucky you might get invited to a traditional kiwi milking ceremony.

Agree about Rotorua. It honks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heehee)
    Thank for your share

And I wonder these places, Queenstown, Wanaka, Whakapapa, Christchurch, have theirs features?
    Do you get a job in New Zealand??
    Well I'm heading there purely for the snow, maybe do my snowboard instructors course. Therefore haven't really checked out anything other than the ski resorts. But I'm 100% theres lots of things to do, just remember that it's going to be winter there soon. Rugby world cup is in September, would be interesting to be there during that.

No, just applied for one, got an interview, but only found out I can't make it because I'll be in Canada during the interview dates. Hopefully get a job on a different mtn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christien)
    Don't go to Rotorua. Geysers and stuff are cool and all, but the smell is overpowering. :indiff:
    Is Rotorua cold?
    Is the smell good or bad?

ReputationRep:
    Is Rotorua cold?
    Is the smell good or bad?

I haven't been in years. It was cold, but not unbearably so, if I remember correctly. The smell is not good. Not good at all. The whole town is basically engulfed in sulphur fumes. I don't even like to talk about it, it still gives me nightmares.

I'm gonna recommend the Bay of Plenty as well. Also, Waiheke Island near Auckland; if you get the chance, definitely visit, it's only a short ferry ride from the city. It's stunningly beautiful and has some fantastic beaches (although you might want to ask about them first, you likely don't want to unwittingly end up at one of the Island's nudie beaches).

ReputationRep:
    I am interested in New Zealand.
    There are many beautiful scenes.
    But I never went to the country.
    As a result, I wonder which spot you will recommand.
    The more, the better =)
    Please give me your favorite spot and tell me what distinguishing feature the place is.
    Thank you a lot
    The very best thing you can do is check out this website: http://www.kiwiexperience.com/

Personally Ive only been to the south isle, but it is absolutely lovely. That website has info on alot of different places on both isles and even cheap ways to get there. Enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going in January/Feb.

Going to drive from the very north tip of the north island to the south tip of the southern island. Stopping off in Christchurch mainly as i've got family i'll be staying with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vintage)
    I'm going in January/Feb.

Going to drive from the very north tip of the north island to the south tip of the southern island. Stopping off in Christchurch mainly as i've got family i'll be staying with.
    Tip for you - the absolute most southern part of New Zealand (as in, the two main islands, not including Stewart Island and other small islands) is called Slope Point, not Bluff, which widely advertises itself as the most southern most point and where Highway 1 ends. You can easily find Slope Point on maps and it's well signed off the road.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.