Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

sex before relationship.. watch

ReputationRep:
    so the guy i've had a thing for for a while tells me that he 'only gets into a relationship with a girl once he's had sex with them because it proves how much you love them if you want to make love with them.'
    considering i'm a virgin still, i basically wanna know..

normal/not?

ReputationRep:
    sex dosn't prove how much you love some one

ReputationRep:
    He's talking utter bull****. Sorry but it sounds like he wants to have sex with you and probably not stay with you.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    that's guy talk for 'I just want sex'

load of bull****.

ReputationRep:
    ... sounds like a 'try before you buy' policy....

and just because you want to 'make love' to them doesn't prove how much you love them.....

in my opinion this sounds like pure rubbish just to he can get some, whilst possibly giving a girl false hope

ReputationRep:
    no it doesn't prove love at all. he just sounds like he's the using type

ReputationRep:
    for the record i wasnt even considering having sex with the guy, just wanted to see people's opinions on whether guys could ever genuinely mean this or not

ReputationRep:
    He's a ****.

ReputationRep:
    He must be significantly older than you and is probably using you as a soft touch. Mind you, as you get older you will find that it's perfectly common and normal to have sex a fair amount prior to getting into a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like the type of guy who would get in your pants and ditch you. Your just a trophy to him

ReputationRep:
    HAHAHAHAHA This might be a troll. If not, then OF COURSE this isn't right. Surely someone could work this out virgin or not.

He either likes the idea of being the one to 'dirty' a virgin, or just wants a quickie then will soon dump you.

Obvious.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of people I know did have sex before they were in an 'official' relationship with that person, but the stuff your guy said about love is bullcrap.

ReputationRep:
    loads of people sleep about and may get into a relationship with someone they have had sex with. but to me sex is for when you're in a relationship, NOT BEFORE!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, its a bit of a weird thing for him to say.

My current relationship happened in a weird order.
    We were all over each other at a party before we knew each others names :P

But regardless, I would not have sex with him until we were in a relationship and I felt safe we would be together for a relatively long time. (So slept with him after 2 weeks, tehehe)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma16)
    loads of people sleep about and may get into a relationship with someone they have had sex with. but to me sex is for when you're in a relationship, NOT BEFORE!
    booo! Jokes. Whatever floats your boat

ReputationRep:
    Uhhhh I had sex before my relationship started and it all worked out okay, but that was during the seeing stage when we knew it was definitely leading to a relationship. But what this guy's saying doesn't sound right

ReputationRep:
    What he says: 'There's a greater chance of me falling in love with you if we have sex before entering a relationship'

What he means: 'I want to bang you and I'm hoping that if I indicate I'm capable of falling in love with you without actually saying those 3 words, you'll let me. Several times, if you're good enough. But that's it.'

ReputationRep:
    Do what feels right, sex shouldnt be used as tool to get what you want, and you shouldnt feel obliged to have sex to start a relationship with someone ,especially when your a virgin.

and I do think relationships can work after having sex but that depends how well you get on etc

ReputationRep:
    how could you not know the answer for yourself?
    do you really think what he's saying is true? no dear.
    don't talk to him, he's taking you for a fool.

ReputationRep:
    He basically means "sex without a relationship at all".

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.