ReputationRep:
    he's basically trying to trick you into ****ing him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowbex)
    that's guy talk for 'I just want sex'

load of bull****.
    Lol this.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds the opposite, like most of his relationships are based soley on lust...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinydancer7)
    so the guy i've had a thing for for a while tells me that he 'only gets into a relationship with a girl once he's had sex with them because it proves how much you love them if you want to make love with them.'
    considering i'm a virgin still, i basically wanna know..

normal/not?
    No. He sounds like an immature, 15 year old t**d.

Seriously, he must be emotionally retarded to think sex equates to love and that love comes before a relationship. It really doesn't. You can't really know if you love someone unless you've been friends or in a relationship for a considerable time.

Also, you've got to be about 14/14 if you're unsure whether to seriously believe a guy coming out with that kind of crap.

ReputationRep:
    Guy sounds like a player, and not a very good one at that...

How much can he actually like you if he can't be with you until he puts his **** in you?

ReputationRep:
    I've heard some hogwash in my time, but this takes the biscuit...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    He's talking with his ****. It sounds like he's trying to pressure you. Don't have your first time until you are ready. Either way is perfectly normal, just whatever you're comfortable with!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a good deal to me

ReputationRep:
    I can just imagine the conversation.

"Hey, I was thinking about what you said yesterday about sex before relationships. I was going to have sex with you, but after posting a thread on The Student Room's Health and Relationships forum asking random internet people for advice, I have decided not to have sex with you. Sorry."

ReputationRep:
    You can have sex without love and a relationship, and you can have a relationship before you have sex.

But this guy?

Trying to trick you.. if you believe that you'll believe anything.

ReputationRep:
    Well he's a tad lame..

I recently heard that guys don't like having sex before making things official which cost me my last about-to-be-relationship. All my guy friends said they prefer girls to make them wait a few months even into a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    just need to make clear to you all that i didnt actually believe what he said. we have a long long long history of a rollercoaster ride, and recently hes started being lovely and nice and all that, then comes out with this. obviously he was out the door straight away, just making sure i made the right decision thats all. im a 17 year old girl whos had one relationship so im not good at this stuff at all lol! thanks all for the advice though

ReputationRep:
    just need to make clear to you all that i didnt actually believe what he said. we have a long long long history of a rollercoaster ride, and recently hes started being lovely and nice and all that, then comes out with this. obviously he was out the door straight away, just making sure i made the right decision thats all. im a 17 year old girl whos had one relationship so im not good at this stuff at all lol! thanks all for the advice though
    The latter explains the former

ReputationRep:
    so the guy i've had a thing for for a while tells me that he 'only gets into a relationship with a girl once he's had sex with them because it proves how much you love them if you want to make love with them.'

normal/not?
    Try before you buy... :sexface:

In all seriousness, he's an utter moron; please don't waste your time with him.

ReputationRep:
    do NOTTTT do it - one of my friends falls for this one everyyyyy time... he's an idiot looking for someone naive enough to take the bait.

ReputationRep:
    In this instance it sounds like he will just use you... whatever you do, don't fall for it! (unless you are happy to not have him around after)

but...

(Original post by Arekkusu)
    Mind you, as you get older you will find that it's perfectly common and normal to have sex a fair amount prior to getting into a relationship.
    very true

ReputationRep:
    What a terrible line! Sex does not= love. It sounds like he doesn't get into relationships with girls until he has sex with them because that is all he is interested in. I would avoid him if I were you.

ReputationRep:
    I had one of those before and I was almost falling for it when I realised that there are a lot of men in this world; fair enough most of them wouldnt want me but at least I can live my life thinking that I made the choices I'd be comfortable with!

Please do the same, OP.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't get into a relationship with someone who didn't want to sleep with me first, I have more self-respect than that.

ReputationRep:

normal/not?

Having sex does not prove that you love someone. We men know that sex does not equal love, but we also understand that women think that it does.

In my first relationship (true love) we were virgins when we married. Unfortunately it did not work out as we were sexually incompatible. Since that time I’ve never been in a relationship with anyone that sex didn’t come first, not to prove love, but to prove that we were sexually compatible.

If this is beginning to sound like I’m in support of the fellow that is trying to relieve you of your virginity, I’m not.

I don’t know your age but I would suspect that you’re fairly young. If I was you I would probably move on and find someone that you feel better connected with to have sex with for the first time. You should have sex with someone that you want to, when you want to and not because of any BS like ‘prove your love’.

Best wishes,

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.