Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    All this talk of rising fuel prices etc. when I was told about a boycott on April 1st.

Its only a facebook page from what I have seen so far, maybe its just a premeditated April fools?

Found it a little strange why it was on the 1st of April. I mean, what was wrong with the 2nd? (which is a Saturday so wouldn't that be a busier day?)

ReputationRep:
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/g...id=10225554491

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/g...gid=2420275912

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/h...97144423649096

theres a few other pages related, heres a few

ReputationRep:
    What a stupid concept, nothing will change as more people will just be filling up the next day. What is this going to do exactly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IGregg)
    What a stupid concept, nothing will change as more people will just be filling up the next day. What is this going to do exactly?
    yeah, my thought as well when I heard, the second link says why it's stupid for the same reason.

But I also heard they lose money due to storage costs. Probably not true though.

ReputationRep:
    Stupid idea.

ReputationRep:
    Dont think its gonna work...they cant even make up their minds what they wanna do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestofyou)
    yeah, my thought as well when I heard, the second link says why it's stupid for the same reason.

But I also heard they lose money due to storage costs. Probably not true though.
    Don't they have massive depots around the country where it is stored? The levels will just rise for a day? And that's if enough people actually took part to have any kind of mark in the millions who must use the pumps each day, which won't happen.

ReputationRep:
    the number of people on the facebook group are an insignificant minority of people.

If people need to fill up to go to work etc. they will be doing so. This will have almost zero impact on anybody.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they should take it up with OPEC, for artificially keeping supply lower than it could be to earn enough money to pay for all those pristine bastions of democracy.

ReputationRep:
    what a waste of time!

ReputationRep:
    As all the other posters said. Its a stupid idea and wont work

ReputationRep:
    What a shame it won't change anything.

ReputationRep:
    Consumer boycotts rarely ever work on a necessity item..... and doing it for just 1 day is just laughable.

ReputationRep:
    You just got April Fooled.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 21, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.