Turn on thread page Beta

the girl of my dream. but she's got a boyfriend. watch

I need help...
    Right well i work with this girl... she's amazing, everything you'd ever want in a girlfriend, but she's got a fella.
    before xmas we would see each other everyday and would sit and chat about anything and everything. She goes to college, so we don't see each other that much now, but i can't get her out of my head...
    when i go a couple of days without seeing her, it's like a life time without her.
    the other day i was working somewhere else and she didn't know i was in until someone told her i was. She came all the way down to see me and she said it feels like year's since i last seen you !!!! we sat and talked for about an hour.
    she always asks me about what sort of girls i go for and i ask what sort of guys she goes for... she has told me that i look like her boyfriend. she want to know this girl everyone thinks i'm going out with (which i'm not). we flirt all the time, got close to each other, but i know i can't do anything because she's got a fella, which kills me. people think that somethings going on at work because we're always together.
    What can i do or what should i do ????

ReputationRep:
    the first thing you can do is stuff what everyone else thinks because it doesnt matter at all. since you talk about a lot of things maybe ask if everything is alright between them two?

ReputationRep:
    I guess you have to consider your options:
    a) Tell her you like her
    b) Keep quiet and hope she figures out/leaves her boyfriend for you
    c) Say nothing and move on
    Personally, I wouldn't be able to tell someone with a bf that I liked them because the fear of rejection would be infinitely higher than asking someone who was single. It does sound like she is flirting with you, but that may be all it is. She might think it's all perfectly harmless, whereas obviously it means more to you. It's hard because as a girl in a relationship, I hope that I would always dump a guy before getting emotionally involved with another. But I guess for some girls they want to make sure the new guy likes her before getting rid of the other (ouch, that doesn't sound nice down on paper).
    If you decide to move on, it will obviously be difficult. I've always felt like the best way to get over someone is to not see them for a while, but that can be even harder when they don't know why you're avoiding them. Even if you don't see her, you have to try and get her out of your mind- I think once you decide nothing can ever happen, that's just going to take time. It's just upto you whether you feel like you can decide that without ever knowing how she feels.
    Bottom line, either you tell her and face the consequences (good or bad) or you keep your head down and try to move on!

ReputationRep:
    Don't try and ruin a couple's relationship, you're probably friend-zoned. You ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam2424)
    Don't try and ruin a couple's relationship, you're probably friend-zoned. You ****.
    This. Almost always happens when a girl in a relationship gets close to another guy emotionally.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you can make it look like an accident...

ReputationRep:
    Dude.. She's got a bf. Don't play homewrecker. It's not cool.

ReputationRep:
    listen to this song :
    Spoiler:
    Show

Seriously though: It sounds like she thinks you're a really good friend? If she REALLY liked you, and her relationship with her bf wasn't going well, she would have left him.. I'm sorry, but, you can't have everything in life. I totally understand how you feel though... :/

ReputationRep:
    OP, that happened to me and my friend as well. My friend was lucky because he had had to wait only two months until he started going out with that girl who had been in a relationship. I fell in love with a guy who was also in a relationship but I moved on and now I have another fantastic boyfriend and that guy i used to be in love with is still my friend - I don't regret anything.

Not everything is like in Marquez's Love in the Time of Cholera though where you wait ages and then it directly comes to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheesecakefactory)
    I'm sure you can make it look like an accident...
    "Sorry, my penis slipped."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Count Stefular)
    Dude.. She's got a bf. Don't play homewrecker. It's not cool.
    This.

+ You're probably friend-zoned. She probably sees it as nothing more than a harmless friendship with you.

Time to go out, get your mind off her.

ReputationRep:
    If you like her as much as you say you do, you'll let her be happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chickpeas1)
    "Sorry, my penis slipped."
    :rofl:

OP, I would say it sounds like a friendzone kind of thing. She obviously feels close to you but not in a relationshippy way or you would imagine she would be more awkward around you given that she has a boyfriend. If they ultimately break up and you are still single then if you want to try something after a tasteful period of time you could, but be aware it could wreck your friendship now if you tried to take her from her boyfriend and that wouldn't be what you wanted, to lose her completely.

ReputationRep:
    She just likes the attention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I need help...
    Right well i work with this girl... she's amazing, everything you'd ever want in a girlfriend, but she's got a fella.
    before xmas we would see each other everyday and would sit and chat about anything and everything. She goes to college, so we don't see each other that much now, but i can't get her out of my head...
    when i go a couple of days without seeing her, it's like a life time without her.
    the other day i was working somewhere else and she didn't know i was in until someone told her i was. She came all the way down to see me and she said it feels like year's since i last seen you !!!! we sat and talked for about an hour.
    she always asks me about what sort of girls i go for and i ask what sort of guys she goes for... she has told me that i look like her boyfriend. she want to know this girl everyone thinks i'm going out with (which i'm not). we flirt all the time, got close to each other, but i know i can't do anything because she's got a fella, which kills me. people think that somethings going on at work because we're always together.
    is she fit? WE WANT PICTURES!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I need help...

Learn your lesson and act sooner in the future

ReputationRep:
    dont even try it, how would you feel if another guy tried to take your girlfriend away from you? youd want to batter them, thats how youd feel.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Don't interfere in their relationship. If she isn't happy or wants to be with you she will end it with her boyfriend. But don't be the guy who breaks up a happy relationship because then the entire time you are with her you'll find yourself wondering if she is doing the same again with another guy, and put yourself in her boyfriends shoes. Just stay her friend, tell her how you feel if you must but don't get in the way of their relationship. Or the other option is just to back off altogether because it sounds to me like you're in too deep don't let yourself get hurt by this most importantly!

ReputationRep:
    cheers everyone. Think i no wot 2do now.. i'm gonna keep my head down & stay out of the way. Hope for the best

ReputationRep:
    http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYs5QkAbEUQ

This song definitely explains your situation, lol...

Tbh, I think you should just wait a little while and see how things turn out with her and her bf... Don't do nothing stupid and ruin there relationship...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2011
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.