Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have just started the IB program and find it is a terrible amount of work. My class is the first one that is doing the IB diploma on our school and the teachers are inexperienced. As it seems, most of the students are in danger of failing the first of the two years and have to repeat the class.I get 6 in all subjects but the pressure is unbearable. We heard have heard that the students of a first class doing the IB on a school are always doing very bad in the final exams. Is that true? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i don't think that having inexperienced teachers necessarily means failing your Ib - because they might actually put a lot of effort in teaching you since that's a kind of challenge for them too

ReputationRep:
    wasnt in my college, although the first IB group actually did more work than they needed to... but hey they passed well at the end....

ReputationRep:
    our first IB group last year had about 1/3 of their classes fail...im really worried this year. our mock exams were horrible and the teachers are teaching like there's no 2morrow.

ReputationRep:
    i'm in my school's first IB batch too and sometimes it seems like they themselves arent sure of things and they are just making us work harder and faster than we're probably supposed to!!

ReputationRep:
    Well i reckon that if teachers are pushing you, maybe they just arent too familiar with how fast they are supposed to go. It could be a good thing, you do get things done with faster, plus it leaves more time for revision... well thats just a theory.. lol

Pupsy, if you are getting 6 in all your subjects and you've just started the IB programme, then you probably dont have too much to worry about. It means that you have time to bring your grades up over the next year, whether or not your teachers are experienced. If you have a copy of the syllabus, it tells you everything you have to know, so if you have any doubts about what the teachers are doing, just consult your syllabus. Plus a lot of IB books have all topics done according to the syllabus.

ReputationRep:
    I think you shouldn't think too much on that it'll just screw you up. Like they people who had to write their diploma kept thinking they'd get like 4 or 5 cause the people before them got that, and that screwed them up. It's all about mentallity - Be Optimistic/ Be happy! / And be grateful your willing to challenge yourself in IB ^^

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it too much! Rememeber that doing all your internal assesment thingies early IS a very good idea, as any IB student that was finishing IA,EE or TOK essay at the last moment can prove. It means that you are going to have more time for revision in the second year . And don't worry, as long as you have a syllabus (which is online) and right textbooks, you virtually don't need any teacher to be able to pass the exams...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pupsy)
    I have just started the IB program and find it is a terrible amount of work. My class is the first one that is doing the IB diploma on our school and the teachers are inexperienced.
    With any detailed syllabus, the right books and motivation you dont need experienced teachers...heck im taking physics and economics where we spend the lessons throwing paper airplanes out of windows or at the teachers!!!

ReputationRep:
    no actually in our school the students from the first generation got very high marks...thats not a reason to fail...ususally the teachers are the reason if they do not transfer u the knowledge good....

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.