Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    me and my mum are trying to name loads of it and find out what it is (just for the hell of it)

so far we have

oreos (also what are they like?)
    twinkies
    tootsie rolls
    balony
    and pancakes

anyone got anymore suggestions

i think its quite interesting!!

ReputationRep:
    erm hamburgers
    eggs 'over easy'
    molasses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laursy)
    me and my mum are trying to name loads of it and find out what it is (just for the hell of it)

so far we have

twinkies
    tootsie rolls
    balony
    and pancakes

Oreos are cookies.

ReputationRep:
    What are sloppy joes?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... how about chocolates like Reeses, Hersheys, Kisses? and crisps like Lays?

ReputationRep:
    S'mores - though I think it's originally a Canadian thing

ReputationRep:
    Lays are just Walkers though.

ReputationRep:
    What are sloppy joes?
    http://www.bushbeans.com/images/reci...loppy_Joes.JPG

chilli bean sloppy joe how rank and revolting does that look made me feel sick thinking about it ewwww!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zooropa)
    What are sloppy joes?
    the yummiest sandwiches on the planet (really messy to eat with your hands)

ReputationRep:

so far we have

twinkies
    tootsie rolls
    balony
    and pancakes

oreas- two choclate round grhams stuck together with sugar icing in between.....yummmmmmm

HOW HAVE YOU NEVER HAD THEM? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    waffles
    fruity loops

ReputationRep:
    bagels
    starbucks coffee
    macdonalds everything
    long island iced tea?

ReputationRep:
    Ooh I've totally forgotten the name! Eep. AHA! Jerky! Like beef jerky or whatever. It's foul. And pretzels maybe? Which are also foul. And Oreo's are foul too. And Hershey's chocolate..which is basically cooking chocolate..that's foul too.

ReputationRep:
    I remember the first time i ever had oreos: a girl at school bullied me so my mum had a word with her dad (she knew him through work) and it was before you could get oreos in the uk. So the next day the girl brought me some from the supply she brought back from the USA when she went on holiday! She really hated me after that!!

ReputationRep:

so far we have

twinkies
    tootsie rolls
    balony
    and pancakes

Oreos are GOOD. But Oreo is just the brand name, like Cadbury's, they make loads of different types of biscuit.

I lived there for a year and I can't remember what any of things were called!! But those round things with peanut butter in the middle are nasty!

ReputationRep:
    Pop secret popcorn ... Jello chocolate pudding ... Jiffy peanut butter ... just trying to think of all the things my american friends miss - oh, and there were some truly gross things called 'peeps' or something, which tasted like rancid soapy marshmallows - blergh.

ReputationRep:
    mountain dew.

i don't care that it is technically a drink and not food, but i have been a regular importer ever since i discovered i could import it

bring back the dew...

twizzlers are great too

ReputationRep:
    ho-hos
    hostess cupcakes
    IHOP pancakes
    frozen yoghurt TCBY
    sara lee
    lean cuisine
    cilantro (american for coriander)
    salt beef
    hash browns
    gatorade
    root beer (mug, barqs, a&w..)
    snapple (esp diet snapple which they don't sell in the UK)
    pastrami
    monteray jack cheese
    real steak!
    pop tarts
    kool-aid
    krispy kremes
    pecan pie
    pumpkin pie
    sweet potatoe pie
    corn dogs
    taco bell (i'm launching a campaign to have TB in the UK!!)
    wendys
    french toast
    mr and mrs T drinks mixes
    nachos-tostitos
    squirty cheese
    soda
    mac and cheese
    cheetos
    granola
    betty crocker
    pepperidge farm goldfish etc
    grits!
    blueberry muffins
    minute maid
    ocean spray
    fig newtons
    cotton candy
    life savers
    marshmellow fluff
    root beer/coke floats (amazing!!)

i rule at this game!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zurich)
    Oreos are GOOD. But Oreo is just the brand name, like Cadbury's, they make loads of different types of biscuit.

I lived there for a year and I can't remember what any of things were called!! But those round things with peanut butter in the middle are nasty!
    Peanut Butter cups? I can eat one or two, but anymore they give me indigestion!!!

I love candy corn (I never knew it actuall looked like corn!) and I love Lucky Charms cereal!!! Why oh why did Britain ever stop making them...they are just the best ever!!! We did have the Pokemon cereal for a while, which tasted the same with the marshmallows, but they stopped them too Probably because they have so much sugar in them!!! I really really want some now...I can taste the marshmallows soaked in milk....

--------------

Oooo, and I love real JellyBellies...when my auntie comes over from America she brings us loads, 'cos she lives right near the factory where they make them! :p:

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=mademoiselle84]

ok maddie you got a lot of them , i'll give you that. but this realy isn't what I consider "american foods"

turkey, cranberry sause, pumkin pie...well that's what i'll be having tommorrow and those are definately american in origin.

Tex Mex food (not real meican) are american. Taco bell is OK at best, CHIPOLTES is what you should start a campaign to get. Please google it . And that is REAL american food.

sweet pototoes, corn muffins (actually anything with corn, although corn is found all over the americas...so thats not really a USA thing)

Real BBQ ...not "grilled" but slow cooked for hours....BBQ buffalo burgers....

santa fe beans and rice

cajun style cooking, the best thing to come out of the french being in the US (besides helping us with that revelution thingy)

there are dozens more

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.