Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    twas less workload than biology, more workload than physics, less workload than maths. Harder than biology, not as hard as physics, maybe a little harder than maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by und)
    Well, the tape didn't specify which country the palace is in. Maybe I'm just trying to justify something that completely wrong . And what's with the French? That confused me for a while as I was working out whether this was a Chinese test or a French one!
    Well, the actual chinese word used for the imperial palace refers to the imperial palace in china! Haha, I'm sorry- that was just my internal voice...it's pretty multilingual

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
    You do realise how bad and useless CGP books are......

(Original post by petoid12)
    Agree with this, they are **** :P
    I've been using them as my main textbooks for Biology and Chemistry (but with George Facer for additional Chemistry) :/ It has been working pretty good for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by und)
    Let me expand on my original post then. If I choose Chemistry A level, I will be doing it alongside Maths, Further Maths, and Physics. Currently, I find those subjects (at GCSE!), including Chemistry, far too easy. They're nowhere near challenging enough.

However, I'm also not the sort of person who enjoys spending many hours at home learning facts. I prefer figuring out how things work, and applying logic rather than regurgitating facts that I have been taught. In that sense, I think very much like a mathematician.

I hope that gives people a clearer grounding upon which to base their answers.

Thanks
    Well I do your subjects, and while Chemistry is one of the harder ones, it's not hard in the sense of "I don't understand a thing and hate this" (but some do, which is a shame - usually those who pick it alongside humanities or more applied sciences). It's just a challenge and requires thought and application, and to learn the stuff.
    It's really logical, REALLY interesting & conceptual - not much regurgitation, just a bit in some chapters. But generally there's some applicable reason behind most things you learn. Oh & practicals are fun

So basically I recommend it, everyone who does the maths/further maths/physics combo alongside can usually cope fine. I actually hated the GCSE as well but a levels turned it around majorly.

ReputationRep:
    I can't say it is an easy A - level, it requires a lot of effort and understanding and is definitely harder than maths. :laugh: If you enjoy chemistry I would totally recommend it, it's by far my favourite subject. :grin:

ReputationRep:
    I know a lot of my friends think it's bloomin' hard! And a lot of people i know get very low grades... but equally a few of my friends have got 100% it's all on the person... But i find it fine and i really enjoy Chemistry and all my exams have gone well but this is because i have put the time in (i.e. learning the equations, the reaction mechanisms, the conditions of reactions, the hess' law equations etc etc...) but you must PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE exam questions and techniques!
    THEN YOULL ACE IT!

(Original post by Tan)
    Hey,

I would say Chemistry AS is quite easy if you're finding GCSE a breeze. It's really quite straightforward. You won't have to work THAT hard. A2 Chemistry is much harder as there is more to learn.

If you're good at a language then AS (and most of A2) will be easy for you. A language does open up lots of opportunities if you want to do something in business or similar. It also shows you can communicate well

Physics will be hard if you don't do maths, so a fair bit of work. Again, A2 Physics is much harder than AS. Purely depends on what you want to do at Uni, e.g. if you want to do something in engineering then Maths/Physics is compulsory.

Hope I helped!
    Did you do triple or double science?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by multiplexing-gamer)
    Did you do triple or double science?
    Triple science

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.