Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, I'd like to mention I do have a boyfriend.

First problem - I moved university in september which means I only see my current boyfriend on weekends or every other weekend. During my time at uni me and my boyfriend had a split in the split I got close to a lad from my course. He was there for me - nothing happened between us. I have a massive urge for this guy, every time i'm with him I want to kiss him, but I haven't because I would never cheat. I want this urge to go because it's not fair on my current boyfriend. I get jealous knowing that this guy likes another girl. Any way I can just get him out my head?!

Second problem - The guy in the first problems best friend who is also on my course is actually in love with me. He's tried to kiss me before now when i've had to push him back to remind him I'm in a relationship. He's genuinely a really nice guy we have a close friendship but he want's it to be more. I don't lead him on, but because we do have a really good friendship we do watch films together and I make it clear nothing will ever happen. I do feel sorry for the guy he deserves a really nice girl, and hes a very attractive guy but he won't move on from me. He started seeing this lovely girl and just called it off with her straight away when me and my boyfriend split even though I didn't make any signs to him at all that there would be a chance for me and him. What can I do to make him realise I'm not worth his efforts? He also gets jealous with other lad friends around me, protective etc.

ReputationRep:
    Who cares if you hurt your boyfriend's feelings. If you want the guy on your course, go for him. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    First problem- you have to make a decision, your boyfriend or this new guy. The fact you're asking how to get him out of your head makes me think you want to stay with your boyfriend. It's hard being in an LDR because you don't get to do all those romantic couply things on a day to day basis. But, in my experience, the time you do get to spend together is even better because you really do cherish every moment. I don't know how long you've been with your boyfriend, but this new guy is probably just a crush. Unfortunately you cannot turn off these feelings, but perhaps trying to spend less time with this guy (at least in the short term) will help. If you are otherwise happy in your relationship, throw your energy into that- maybe plan a nice date for the next time you see you boyfriend.
    Second problem- it sounds like you've done everything you can do. You've told him you have a boyfriend, you've told him nothing will happen, you've encouraged him to see other girls. I don't think it's upto you anymore. Unfortunately I think you have to wait for it to sink in with him that nothing is going to happen. I would ask him whether it would help if the two of you hung out a little less. I'm sorry to suggest this again, but it might help him to become less fixated on you.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    We need pictures for proof before we can give advice, I'm afraid :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    dump current boyfriend. **** guy you lust over. if good, **** again. if shared interests, enter new relationship, await inevitable end. manipulate second problem guy into buying you things.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2011
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.