Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hey guys, I need your help. This will be the first tie I´ll be living in the UK and have no idea about the cost of accomodation and how it works. I have been doing a research about it for quite a while now and am even more confused about the rent and utilities and cost of rent in general.
    1.) University accomodation or private one?
    I have found out that the my rent would be around 80 - 85 pounds approx. when living in the university campus(as a postraduate student)

    2.) Private accomodation
    I have registered in several sites and offers have started to arrive. Do you think it is possible to get a room with less than 300 pcm ( including utilities) in Newcastle? Generally the rooms cost 350pcm and I think its a bit too much. What do you think?
    Do you think I can get any room for less?
    But on the other hand I dont want to live in a sh*t place, so I am prepared to pay a tiny bit more, but not OVERPAY! What is the avarage rent you guys pay pcm or pw? including bills in Newcastle or around that area?
    Can anyone help me please?

    Thank you
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.


Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.