Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tea kid)
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Whoo fellow Leeds applicant!
    me too!

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or are the grade boundaries really low for last june's paper? 65% odd for an A what's with that? not complaining though if you can drop a third of the marks on every question and still ace it!

ReputationRep:
    Stresssssing :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    What do we need to know about muscle bar the sarcomere/sliding filament model
    ----------------------Description-----------------------Function
    Smooth Muscle ---------------------------------- Involuntary, in arterioles constricting
    Cardiac------------------------------------- --- Heart muscle, described as myogenic
    Skeletal------------Striated-------------------------Voluntary/conscious

Can someone fill the rest of that table in adding/taking out incorrect stuff and tell me what other things we need to know on muscle apart from the sliding filament

ReputationRep:
    Free RNA nucleotides are activated, two extra phosphoryl groups are added to make ATP, GTP,
    CTP and UTP.

....Do we need to know that?? :/
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Morning guys and gals!

For those of you who have just got up and are feeling a little nervous, go and lock yourself in the bathroom, get in the shower and sing, ignoring all protests from parents, siblings and pets. You'll feel a lot better

EDIT: And get washed if you like. It's up to you :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundaries in Jun10 and Jan11 were 65/100 and 60/100 raw marks respectively for an A.

That just tells you how bloody annoying this exam is.

ReputationRep:
    Just going through Module 1 now, then I'll go through Module 2, module 3 and Module 4, in other words, I'm going through the whole unit 2 106 to 247:yikes: I wonder whether I finish every module before 12PM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidms001)
    Morning guys and gals!

For those of you who have just got up and are feeling a little nervous, go and lock yourself in the bathroom, get in the shower and sing, ignoring all protests from parents, siblings and pets. You'll feel a lot better

:five: thats what I just did hehe! unfortunately there was not much hot water so I got out pretty sharpish you feeling confident about today?
    I just can't wait to get in over and done with, after this I only have one more :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone care to sum up the different types of genetic crosses, and the resulting phenotypes?

Do we need to know in detail what epistasis and stuff does to the ratios? And what does it mean when they are working in 'complementary fashion'?

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidms001)
    Morning guys and gals!

This is just what I did
    I was singing the PCR song though :awesome:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5yPkxCLads

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    what do i need to know for homeobox genes?

ReputationRep:
    how do i distinguish between dominant epistasis and recessive epistasis

ReputationRep:
    MODULE 1 WILL BE THE FOCUS OF THIS PAPER! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TobeTheHero)
    FML! All nigter was a terrible idea....

Agreed. I feel so bloody sleepy. Going to have a COLD shower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heartskippedabeat)
    This is just what I did

Good luck!
    Ah, that songs just pushed out conservation! :P
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Mally-xo)
    :five: thats what I just did hehe! unfortunately there was not much hot water so I got out pretty sharpish you feeling confident about today?
    I just can't wait to get in over and done with, after this I only have one more :woo:
    I actually don't know how I feel :dontknow: .. I don't have {much} pressure on this exam, I just want to do really really well (considering how much work I've put in for it)

I guess I just want to get it out of the way like you :rofl: .. How are you feeling?

This is just what I did

Good luck!
    Haha! :awesome: .. Singing is so therapeutic, regardless of ability :dance:

And I'll wish you good luck too, though I'm likely to be around for the next 2-3 hours, so I'm likely to say it again closer to the time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazel92)
    just went through this and all we need to know is that homeobox genes(arranged in clusters known as hox clusters) control the development of the body plan of organisms and that this is similar in many, if not all, eukaryotes e.g. plants, animals and fungi. This body plan includes the polarity e.g. posterior and anterior and positioning of the organs(segmentation). This all happens in stages and can last upto months.

key words:

1) segmentation
    2) polarity
    3 ) anterior
    4) posterior

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, best of luck for the exam. Don't stress and keep a clear head. Read the questions carefully.

A good breakfast can help you do these and be very efficient.

http://www.beyondbakedbeans.com/articles/20090507

Don't overeat or anything stupid like that.

See you guys later.

ReputationRep:
    This is just what I did

Good luck!
    Its amazing what heating cooling and heating music can do :awesome:

(Original post by Hazel92)

Homeotic genes are similar in plants, animals and fungi. These genes control the
    development of body plans and are expressed in specific patterns and in particular stages
    of development depending on when they are activated.
    The homeobox is a sequence of DNA that codes for a region of 60 amino acids, and the
    resulting protein is found in most, if not all, eukaryotes. The region binds to DNA so that
    they can regulate transcription. In animals the homeobox is common in genes concerned
    with the control of developmental events, such as segmentation, the establishment of the
    anterior-posterior axis and the activation of genes coding for body parts such as limbs

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 13, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.